Hot Lure: Chicken Wing Stinger

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.7

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 12-50

Lure Depth: 6-33

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

After the day we had 2 weeks ago, my oldest son and my dad were begging to hit the water again in Mexico Bay so we launched at 8am hoping for the best. After searching for a couple hours we landed a cookie cutter brown than nothing for another hour or 2. After a while we decided to head out in front of the stack to see what we could find in deeper water and marked a couple solid hooks aroung 25-35 ft down. Little while later we were doubled up with a cookie cutter brown and a 9lb King. I have to say we were pretty happy and excited to see the king come to the net. Thinking it was a fluke we decided to keep on trolling in front of the stack seeing if we could mark anything else. 30 minutes later another screemer and my son was hooked into his first king. After an epic battle we got it to the net and were giddy over the 12 lber that laid at his feet. By this time my dad was anxious to get a shot at his first king so we kept on searching. After 45 minutes another screemer took the bait and dad was fighting his first king. Another great battle ended with another 9 lber in the cooler. What a great day when you get to guide your son and your dad on their first kings! We ended up pulling the boat after a little more searching because the rain was coming and we were certainly satisfied with our catch. Persistance paid off and we were rewarded with another memorable trip.

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg