Cayuga Lakers

My dad and I went out on Cayuga Saturday toards the North end. We were 2 for 2 on Lakers. One was a dink the other was a nice fish im guessing 11 L.b.s. The big fish came on a black and orange Rapala stickbait on the 200 copper on a inline planer board. The small one came on a green fly with a green spin doctor on the dipsy.

0414121701.jpg

IMG_20120414_170223.jpg

IMG_20120414_161706.jpg

IMG_20120414_161657.jpg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

You picked a nice day to be out there. The weather forcast was off a bit and in our favor.

I was fishing the same area as you. Couldn't get anything going in the upper water column and my spoon program was flat. Ended up with a dozen lakers. All but one was down 240' on the wire dipsey or 70' on the rigger using the same color combos as you with a dogger & fly.

My efforts finally paid off. I was working at camp when my oldest boy Gray Jr. came in and said, "Dad, take a break, I am taking you fishing. How do you argue with that? His boat, his rigs, (thanks Frank, a.ka. home office, uncle dirty, elk banger, train wreck, gadget head, etc) Calm seas and good fishing. He even packed us easter candy snacks and a beer for me. lol. We had a blast! A day I will never forget. Thanks buddy by the way, you have the trolling bug BAD!