Jax Shakedown- Trek to the Oak 4/14

After getting everything done on the to do list and finally a good weather forecast we set up this past Saturday to Move the new Boat from Sodus Bay at Krenzers Marine to Oak Orchard for her stay this season. Everything went smoothly and we even snuck in some fishing along the way! Boat ran great and we got to see the gorgeous shoreline view the whole way. After a brief break in Irondequoit Bay to see some family and take them for a boat ride we ended up back on our way and doing some fishing in and around the Sandy Creek area.

We ran 6 rods off the otter boards working from 6-25 ft of water in search of a bonus pod of kings but ended up with a dozen or so all BTs up to 8 lbs hitting the deck with a handful more that didnt. Had a couple double headers, slimed up the deck for the first time and got another day and experience under my belt with owning/operating a bigger boat.

The new riggers are set to arrive from Traxtech this week and those are going to be getting installed ASAP when they arrive. All of these reports of kings are making the urge to get out even stronger....

Here are a few pictures

and were off

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

Nice ride Jeremy and good talking to you. I turned things on from the creek East that night ending 11 for 12 solo. Several good fish from 7 to 10 lbs and one 15#er! My second biggest brown to date. Did most of my fish from the point West of Cowsucker to the mouth of Cowsucker. Going West in the spring ALWAYS sucks for me or at least the 4 times I have turned that way. Nice job, enjoy the season at the Oak! Tank

Thanks guys! I cant wait till I get my riggers and I can go out and do some damage for a whole day!! 8)8)

YT- Big Kings and Big Chrome I can deal with that!

Corey - Thanks man, you too take good care of the Lund! :yes: