Played out east of the harbor and right down the shoot... ran 4 riggers 2 dippsies and 4 planner rods.... In the morning we could not keep the dippsies in the water long enough... fire every 5 mins.. pulling a paddle and fly...

we ended up 19 for 29... 2 kings 1 laker a 12 lb brown and 1 nice Atlantic (released) with a little blood from its mouth... after a bad day on sat on cayuga this made up for it

Had a little bit of an "indecent" with another boat who decided to yell at us because we wouldnt move over because a boat was passing him on the wrong side and he decided it was our fault.. ohh well

524661_378229865554508_100001024942253_1174533_239020437_n.jpg

398809_379390162105145_100001024942253_1177323_556250058_n.jpg

Hey bandrus,

I have a SeaNymph GLS195, what do you run your planers off of? I'm assuming a mast somewhere on the bow?

I'm looking to get set up for planers but not sure how I want to do it. Any details you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here you go Gman!

Fair_Haven_013_crop.jpg

I backed it up with some 3/16 alumin plate. Been on there since 99. The higher and farther forward the better IMO! It is a bit flexible and have thought of installing diagonal struts but so far so good.

browns12_012x.jpg

Birds eye view

Nice boat Bandrus! Great Catch fellas. What brand hooks did you use? :lol:

I have a wood plank across the bow that mounts to the rail and is removable (this is how I bout the rig) when I get some time I will be mounting the mast to the bow and reinforcing it with metal

I disagree with higher the better... I like to run my mast as low as possible without the line messing with the rods... It makes the lures run more true

This was the first time I had run 4 riggers 2 dipsies and 4 planner board rods..... and although it is a lot of work to keep it running right, I felt like one of the pros out there in my 19 footer running 10 rods

Yes sir ree. That is awesome that you were running 10 rods. You can be proud of that. Out deep I plan to run 9 this year.

3 riggers 4 dipseys and 2 coppers off the boards. I was wondering what you mean by" running the tow line as low as poss so the line doesn't mess with the rods and the lures run more true. I always thought that jerky action off the tow line gave the baits action. Do most of your releases lay in the water on a 4 rod set up? Obviously your set up works. Just inquiring.

not in the water but very close to the water and probably the closest to the board is almost in the water...... if the line is high it takes away from the depth the lure runs... and it kind of pulls the bait at a high angle which I think limits the action.... when the line is almost parallel with he water I think they run more true