Barbie Pole Ticket

Good one...

A guy I work with took his wife and two young daughters to Virginia for vacation last week. He wants his 4 yr old and 6 yr old to enjoy the outdoors so he can spend time with them. Both of his girls have barbie fishing poles. He takes them fishing while on vacation. He casts the poles while his daughters are playing nearby. A game Warden shows up and said that he is guilty of fishing without a license. Mind you there are no adult fishing poles - the young overzealous officer claims that he was guilty since the kids were too far away from him to be fishing. So this ex tank gunner marine has to swallow this ticket. I find it hilarious (it didn't happen to me). The additional insult was that NY suspended his driver's license and this is how he found out about it.

:rofl:

Lesson for all people walking that fine line between right and wrong. Sometimes the law doesn't care about extenuating circumstances. I will be ribbing him as much as I can from now on. Yes, he is mad. He is writing to the judge.

I am going to V. beach this July. I plan on fishing. Should be interesting.

If anybody has any Virginia Beach fishing information, I would appreciate it. I have never been there before. I will be there with my 6 and 7 year old and we donated their toddler poles already. :lol:

I don't have to worry about getting shot on the job.

Keep in mind that whether the laws enforced result in a fine or jail time isn't up to the officer. They're just doing their job.

I don't have to worry about getting shot on the job.

Keep in mind that whether the laws enforced result in a fine or jail time isn't up to the officer. They're just doing their job.

REALLY.......I think the "officer" must have been some power hungry punk that doesn't deserve a job dealing with the public

That is like the DEC officer that saw 6 poles on my boat and only me. He comes over and goes "I thought I saw more than 2 poles." I go to him "Its not illegal to have more than 2 poles in your possession." He states "but it to fish with more than 2" mind you these were trolling rods and I was anchored talking to a friend on my cell phone about my depth finder not working correctly. He gave me a bunch of more crap and I told him I am leaving but feel free to stay.

Gotta love those guys on a power trip.