passports

I would definitly have a passport on hand after going through their BS last year. I would also call customs before you leave the dock if you plan on heading into canada, i believe yankee has posted the number a couple times here in the pass. Believe me you want to cover yourself from having to pay grand to have your boat released.

If your a vessel for hire(charter captian) working with clients and do not report when entering canadian waters,the hassle is even worse.Your responcible for checking to see all clients passports or enhanced drivers licenses are in order.I call every time I run from the foot of sheridan drive up to Lake Erie ,up the upper Niagara river and get the control number.I call so often that they give me the control number without much questions.But just because you called in and got a control number for entering canada,that still doesn't keep them from stopping you and running the names of each person aboard looking for criminal records like DWI's,so they can send you back and ban anyone they catch with a record from crossing back into canadain waters until they get reabilitation letter.

If your a vessel for hire(charter captian) working with clients and do not report when entering canadian waters,the hassle is even worse.Your responcible for checking to see all clients passports or enhanced drivers licenses are in order.I call every time I run from the foot of sheridan drive up to Lake Erie ,up the upper Niagara river and get the control number.I call so often that they give me the control number without much questions.But just because you called in and got a control number for entering canada,that still doesn't keep them from stopping you and running the names of each person aboard looking for criminal records like DWI's,so they can send you back and ban anyone they catch with a record from crossing back into canadain waters until they get reabilitation letter.

The new thing with DWI's and DUI's is they charge you to enter the country. They will sell you a temp. residency to enter the country. When we did the LOU icefishing trip to the Bay of Quinte, one of the guys in my group had a DWI. They let him in but he shelled out $200 on the spot for the temp. residency.

Do you know if they ever started a ten-year cutoff on that?

I was up for a bear hunt the Friday before they were supposed to start only worrying about the previous ten years. They threatened to not let me cross bfr changing their minds. That was before the start of the $200 blackmail.

The new thing with DWI's and DUI's is they charge you to enter the country. They will sell you a temp. residency to enter the country. When we did the LOU icefishing trip to the Bay of Quinte, one of the guys in my group had a DWI. They let him in but he shelled out $200 on the spot for the temp. residency.

If the DWI is not 10 years old or older you will get to only pay your way accross(Temporary Resident Visa)1 time,then you will have to go through Reabiltation proccess to get a letter that allows you to cross into canada. I know because I just finished going through that whole proccess,took over 1 year,FBI Report,NY State Finger Print Report, Letter from the Odessa Texas Police Dept. explaining the charge,Texas State Finger Print Report,Local Tonawanda Police Report and 3 Reference of Good Conduct Letters,Airfare to Odesa ,Texas,Motels, in all about $1850 later I got the Reabitation Letter.Then every time you cross the border into canada with the Reabilitaion Letter they yellow slip you to immigration,so they can check and see if you have any new record so they can revoke the Letter.I would have never paid to get it,but my wife has relatives in Toronto!

the captain and the obverser will be in trouble if they get caught. all the observer needs is an enhanced NY license. I will not fish over the border any more, to much of a hassle for my liking.

Okay so if the observer has an enhanced license or Passport/passport card , do they also need to have a Canadian Fishing license as well while acting as an observer in Canadian waters?