Lake Erie Perch

mostlymuskies

• 1 month later...

We took some nice perch in 35 to 38 foot off the shale shoals east of Evangola where the thermocline meets the bottom. Ran out of bait in three hours.

Off Sturgeon Point, 52 foot holes in the bottom are hoding perch schools out of the current and good catches are happening when your graph lights up with fish on the bottom. 60 to 70 foot was a waste of gasoline now, search closer to shore for perch.

• 3 weeks later...

69 foot of water, 39/09 middle GPS #'s were good for several days now. Ran out of bait each time, half a dozen 13 inches or better. Use a least 200+ feet of anchor line out there to hold bottom.

I was going to take my son out sat.will fathead minnows work for perch or do I have to get lake shiners and what size minnows work best.first time out on Erie and any info highly appreciated

Thanks toby

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Jimski,

Have you been able to try out those new swivels that I mentioned in another post yet? With the depths that you have been fishing I was wondering if you were able to see if they hindered the sensitivity of your rod/line... With the fall runs here in the bays I rarely ever have to go deeper than 35 feet, but I was wondering if you have had any issues with them...