28 foot roller bunk trailer

I have a 1989 Continental 28 foot trailer for sale. This is a good piece of equipment and ready to roll. It is rated at 6000 lbs gross but will handle more I think because the four nearly new premium tires are rated at 1720 each and the axles are rated at 3650 each...probably could handle a 5000-6000 pound boat OK. The rollers are heavy duty also.

New: 2 speed winch with brake, new brake actuator and new hardware where needed. Inspected, registered and title is clear. I put a lot of time and money into this project but cannot use it for my boat because my skeg keel is too deep. $2750

contin_trailer.jpg

I don't take it wrong at all...thanks for mentioning it, but I shopped around last year for a new one and could not find anything for less than $6500.

I also asked a couple of marina people to give me a estimate of value and both told me $2500-$3000. I will be happy to sell it for what it's actually worth in today's market. I know that I will take a hit on it because I put quite a lot into it.

As to question of the actual length...it is 24' 6" from the bow stop to the back roller (just measured it)...the bow stop could be moved forward a few inches. My boat is 27' 6" and that is where I came up with 28 feet. The bow stop could easily be slid back 3 or 4 feet to accomadate a smaller boat...very easy to adjust for anything 21-27 feet. The cross braces are also quite easy to re-position to adjust the rollers fore and aft. Also, the trailer has all new wiring and new brake lines.

Yes indeed the brakes are fine. They are drum style on one axle only. I have carefully re-furbished this trailer for my own use with the help of a mechanic friend, and made things right. As mentioned, my boat did not fit without big modifications and I found another trailer that was easier to deal with. I will take $2500.

I think 10 feet may be pushing it, depending on weight. You can adjust the bunks for the width, but the bottom line is: this trailer can handle a 5000lb. boat easy and I was thinking 6000lbs. was OK because it has been beefed up a little. It also depends on the use. My boat travels a mile or two twice a year. If the boat is going over the road, a 10 foot wide boat needs 3 axles for stability (in my opinion).

There is a 10,000lb. trailer for sale on this site and that would be great for a 10 footer.

I have learned the hard way recently to get the right trailer from the get-go and save a lot of frustration and money in the end of it.

• 4 months later...