4 Days of Yankee action off the Genny

9/3 - Toughest day out of the last four. We only took 5 shots today. All of them on flies with the hammer behind a Mtn. Dew paddle being the best. Size was way down too! We were a brown trout away from taking a Lake Ontario grand slam. Copper took 2 bites and the wires took the other 3. I don't know what's up with my riggers but they have been dead!

9/2 - Another great day out of the Genny River. We got out nice and early and the fish were biting. We did a few quick ones and then it became a steady bite. Wires were the ticket today with paddles and flies taking most fish. The hammer fly did damage as did a white fly. Around 8am we hit a big guy and took 9th place with him weighing in at 29.11 pounds. Hard to top that and it was the biggest guy of the year. He hit the 10 color with 4oz of weight. and a bloody lip silver horde plug.

9/1 - A nasty morning with waves in the 4-6' range. Made our way out to 400fow and set up and went 2-4. two hits on the wires and two raps on the 400 copper. All flies. Worked East and ran into a school of steel and Coho. Finished the day trolling into that 100-200' range and hit some nice kings. The Coho and steel took spoons in a coyote and a super slim Craig's steelhead. Kings took white flies with white chips off the wire. Ended the day 12 for 16. Biggest salmon was 22-23lbs and we took about a 15lb Coho.

8/31 - Flies, Flies, Flies! That was the ticket today. White, mirage, hammer, or anything with green in it. We landed 14 fish and lost 6. Out of 20 bites only one came on a rigger. Wires out 175 to 250 and copper out 500' were HOT today. All fish were healthy 15+lb's with 26-27 being the biggest. We started out in 100fow straight out of the Genny and worked west between 100-150.

After a successful morning of Salmon fishing I picked up the bass boat and went after some Smallmouth out of Hughes Marine. Fishing was slow, but we manage some smallies. Only One nice one on this night and it took a tube in about 26fow.

hey yankee , yes today was slow for us too, tried everything but dynomite they where not hitting for us and we didnt mark much, thought the fish finder mite be broken (blank screen) then on the way in about 40 FOW started marking fish. i was just off too you left coming in behind you anyways congrats on you ninth place fish and see ya out there !

Well, well, well, lookie what I found out. From what I hear the Yankee troller again cashed in during a tournament with a fish that was caught the one day Jax was on his boat again :? :shock: Maybe he's the one we should congratulate.

Rick maybe you should take him on your next bass tourney trip :lol::lol: