Shimano Talora Wireline Rod for dipsy ?????

I'm asking myself the same question.I've heard the Talora roller rods are great wire dipsey rods.Especiallly when paired with Tekota6000LC reels.I've been running okuma blue diamond 10 ft medheavy dipsey rods for 10 years.With twilli tips.One of my blue dimond rods the reel seat has let go. Reel is flopping from side to side.I like everythig to match so I figure I'm gonna replace all my dipsey/rod combos. It will be expensive but I'm thinking Telora rooler rods with Tekota600LC reels x 4.I'm wondering 7,8,,9,or 10 ft. rods??? Currently I have 6 diver rod/reel combos.All my current diver rods are 10 footrs. Any opinions??

We use the 10' talora RG rods, with tekota 600lc reels, and like them. The longer rods help clear our side riggers better. Since we have a small boat, every little bit of clearance helps. We usually only fish 2 dipsys, so the extra cost of this set-up is easier to bear. You can get some deals on these rods and reels on e-bay, if you look hard enough. Good Luck

Hmmm-misunderstanding.... I have 2 wire rod and reel combos that are old and tired.I'm hoping to replace these two.My other 4 dipsey combos are eagleclaw starfire 10ft rods with 30lb powerpro on reels.These are used mostly for trolling for walleye on L.Erie. There abit light duty for L.O..To have real high quality wire rod and reel combos is much more important on L.Ontario then it is on L.Erie .Many days on L.O. our divers take more then half our catch.The best fish of the day has come of divers more days then I can count. Divers,lead core,and copper used be called junk rods.These days they produce over half the catch for many of us.On L.O.it makes since to me to have quality diver rod and reel combos more then any other rod.

Gotcha - I did misunderstand.

Seems like the top choices these days are the Takota/Talora combo (as you mentioned), Okuma Convector or Catalina (30 size) w a Classic Pro GLT or a Daiwa Saltist on a Heartland. Length is a matter of preference as is roller vs. twilly - valid arguements on both sides. Lots of old threads here if you search debating all the choices. Whatever you pick - good luck.