14 Days and Counting

walleyemagic

you really think the 14 day forcast is going to hold up? they cannot even get tomorrow right.. do the eyes up there

have that strong fish, lake taste, like here, I cannot even eat the ones out of the lake here in Rochester, eating them alwives.

yuk... wish they did taste better, I catch enough, but just don't keep them anymore.

I can honestly say when eating any of the eyes from the lake here that yuck has never crossed my mind. Most definitely the same diet, but as long as it's not a 10+lber I personally don't mind the taste. People seem to love salmon, the alewives worst enemy, which is a taste I particularly don't care for. To each his own I suppose....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Yea i know they have one of the best jobs around, you can be wrong most of the time and still have a job.

As far as eating they taste fine, if you dont like them i will give you my address and you can send them to me.

:lol:

Ill be fishing chaumont, three mile, black river bays 5/5 through 5/9. White 23' seaswirl striper . anxious to compare notes with anyone willing. The biggest question i have is have they headed out of the bays with the warm weather we have had?

chris

I'll definitely be out somewhere.. just not sure where yet. If I get the big boat out in time I'll be somewhere between Chaumont and Mud Bay. If not, I'll be hitting the Susky from my little boat. Can't wait! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I will focus on three mile bay and chaumont bay first as i have a camp on three mile bay. If we dont have much luck there we will probably venture into guffins and black river bay. I will try to contact you guys on 68 to share any info.

chris

Going to Sackets May 9th- 11th, first time on Ontario usually at Lake Erie. I'm looking for 12 lb eyes not looking for small fish. If anyone wants to give me general info to start out let me know if not that's ok to. Can always swap info erie for ontario. lmk

Haha, I believe we'll all be after a 12lber or two. Im gonna be looking to restock the freezer first. My theory would be the closer to the creeks and river mouths, the more you're gonna find smaller males still hanging around. Definitely not the rule, just my thoughts...

But then whos counting, I am

Everyone ready. We will be in the Black River bay and Chaumont area.

Here Waldo , Here Waldo Ready or not here we come :P:D:D

I will be out in Chaumont! It will be the first time out in my boat, I will have about 8 guys to fish.

Haha, I believe we'll all be after a 12lber or two. Im gonna be looking to restock the freezer first. My theory would be the closer to the creeks and river mouths, the more you're gonna find smaller males still hanging around. Definitely not the rule, just my thoughts...

We caught a nice 13 pounder 2 years ago now. Its the fish in my avatar.

you really think the 14 day forcast is going to hold up? they cannot even get tomorrow right.. do the eyes up there

have that strong fish, lake taste, like here, I cannot even eat the ones out of the lake here in Rochester, eating them alwives.

yuk... wish they did taste better, I catch enough, but just don't keep them anymore.

It depends on the size. Smaller ones eat better, but there is a trick to filleting the bigger ones. There is a yellowish color between the skin and fillet that needs to be removed. They taste a ton better if you take the time to trim that off. Its basically fat, it works the same way as deer. The more fat left on the meat the gamier it tastes.