Great Price on Scotty Riggers

Hey if anyone is looking to get new Scotty downriggers, check out John's Sporting goods in Everett Washington. I recently ordered a new Scotty HP 2116 from there and they have, by far, the cheapest price I've seen. $699.00 with no sales tax and free shipping by UPS ground. All the other Scotty rigger models are also significantly cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.

http://shop.johnssportinggoods.com/Cart ... =152&cid=3

Tim

• 2 months later...

Tim,

How do you like the new Scotty HP and what size weight do you use ? There has been some talk that you need at least a 15#er for them to work well and was wondering if that is true . On the fence about getting a pair .

Thanks

JT

Slurpee

If you're referring to the kevlar drive belts, no need as they will never break.

JT,

I'll let you know after this weekend as I am FINALLY splashing the boat for the season. I have had 2 of the Scotty 1116's since 2003 and they have pulled 15 and 16 lb balls as fast as you could want them to, the new HP's are supposed to be almost twice as fast. This spring, I sold one of the 1116's and kept the other as my probe rigger mainly because of blazingly fast the HP's are. Will be interesting to see how my boat w/ 8' beam fishes a 3 rigger setup with the old Scotty/probe rigger down the chute and the 2 new HP's on the corners.

I do believe that Scotty recommends 12lb minimum on cannonballs for the new HP Riggers.

One of the nicest things about Scotty's is that they don't have lame, cheesy bouncy booms like some other riggers out there. These riggers are rock solid and reliable.

Tim

So you say, however the motor bearings carry the load, so the wear continues, this is not a free ride, & is not as simple as you make it out to be. Also much less control on the ride down!

Absolutely and completely not true. You have absolute and total control on the ride down, you can let it descend as slow or as fast as you want by how far you pull the clutch release lever. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

So you have to hang on to the clutch lever while it drops? So not only the motor/driveline bearings are loaded, the clutch is engaged as well. So there several levels of wear taking place, not as good as it is made out to be, especialy since the rubber band drive belt is being stretched as well.

It's a shame all Tim was trying to do when he started this thread was to say he found a great deal on new Scotty riggers and for whatever reason the thread turns into a Scotty bashing. If you don't like them, that's fine but I personally get tired of certain people on here that are narrow minded and think that their opinion is the only opinion.

Brian

I agree with Brian! :yes: It seems like it is happening more and more on this site. Thanks for the info Tim, I am to in the process of switching over from Cannons to Scotty's and this is the first time i have ever heard any bad about them.

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

waaaa waaaa waaaa I have run those flimsy big jon for years with 12 lb weights whithout a problem , maybe its operator error ... but i thinks its a personal choice just some wish to make it personal issue on hear with a **** and trash session .. hell a deal is a deal and yes they will work well for you .. good fishing :yes::yes::yes::yes::poolparty: