Great Price on Scotty Riggers

Tim,

The only thing that drives me nuts with my Scottys are the stop beads. I REALLY wish they'd come up with a way to have them stop like the canons do. They work fine 99% of the time, but every once in a while a bead comes off due to a rigger tangle or god knows what and it tends to spell trouble...

My dock neighbor just had to replace a belt on his scotty last year... it was over 10 years old... I can deal with that lol. I do LOVE how the tilt up out of the way though. The fast drop is great once you get used to them, but be careful when you have people on the boat that are used to canons... I've lost a couple of balls that way :lol:

Nick

Tim,

The only thing that drives me nuts with my Scottys are the stop beads. I REALLY wish they'd come up with a way to have them stop like the canons do. They work fine 99% of the time, but every once in a while a bead comes off due to a rigger tangle or god knows what and it tends to spell trouble...

My dock neighbor just had to replace a belt on his scotty last year... it was over 10 years old... I can deal with that lol. I do LOVE how the tilt up out of the way though. The fast drop is great once you get used to them, but be careful when you have people on the boat that are used to canons... I've lost a couple of balls that way :lol:

Nick

Nick, if you don't already, try doubling the autostop beads (2 right next to each other on the cable) I've had Scottys since 2003 and have always done it that way. I would imagine it would be tough to lose both of them at the same time. The only time I've had to be careful is of there's a lot of weeds/debris in the water, if enough salad hangs up on the cable above the beads they can jam up at the front pulley and slide the beads down the cable.

Tim