Building a pole barn for my boats and toys

buckboardjr

Thought I'd share this pic of the crane I built yesterday and today. I will use it to plant poles and hang rafters. I got duel use out of my Boat wench. Rafters are supposed to be 134lb ea. and 20ft 6x6s should be in that range. I'm 200 and it was very ridgid. I could see me buiding a shorter version to pull an IB engine on a boat.

crane_002_cropx.jpg

Your mom take that picture ???? She has been missing down here or her phone is messed up again.................nice job !!!!! Did you get the guy to dig out the holes ? My buddy down here has a 8" or 12" that I could get if you have a tractor with 3 point hitch and pto to hook it too................. he charged me some fresh fish.......LOL...........when I used it to plant the 110 tree's the year before last...............

K GoneFishin' I am a contractor located in the Newfane/ Olcott area. The cost to build a 24 x 32 x 8 with 3 8x8 overhead doors, 2 windows, and a man door is $10,000 plus the cost of the overhead doors (about $490 apiece installed) We just built one with those exact dimensions 2 weeks ago. Concrete and fill would be extra (around $4 per sq ft for 4" of stone and 4" of concrete, plus $20 per extra ton of stone needed)

• 1 month later...

Made some great progress on the pole barn yesterday. We are all some hurtin units today.

poleplantin_001a.jpg

poleplantin_003a.jpg

poleplantin_013a.jpg

poleplantin_018a.jpg

poleplantin_021a.jpg

poleplantin_022a.jpg

poleplantin_020a.jpg

Couldn't have done it without the help of my hard working friends. We made every second count because WX was calling for down poors. Set 25 poles in 7.5 hrs. Not bad for 4 aircraft mechanics and an electrical engineer from 44- 56 yrs old. Go buy some stock in advil and Tylinol!

• 2 weeks later...