Building a pole barn for my boats and toys

buckboardjr

Roof comeplete! Whoop Whoop. Now I have a 32 x 72 Pavilion

poleroofridgedonea.jpg

Nice building, hope you got a back door in it so you can get the first thing in out when needed! Nice job, you'll get lots of "assets" in there, mines getting full, time to unload some tihngs. :lol:

Thought I'd share this pic of the crane I built yesterday and today. I will use it to plant poles and hang rafters. I got duel use out of my Boat wench. Rafters are supposed to be 134lb ea. and 20ft 6x6s should be in that range. I'm 200 and it was very ridgid. I could see me buiding a shorter version to pull an IB engine on a boat.

crane_002_cropx.jpg

Add a cheap trailer jack to the part that goes in the hitch. My father in law made something similar to pull his docks (about 300 lbs.) and bent his receiver down and now has a really hard time hooking up trailer to truck.

Finished the siding today! :beer:

siding_complete_007.jpg

Will start installing overhead doors tomorrow!

That job will have its ups and downs!!! :lol: It looks great. The Snow slides right off my green roof the minute the sun hits it. :yes::yes:

• 2 weeks later...
My work force is getting older and being it's 12ft. walls I figured I'd try this. I only got $43 in it. The barn is going to be 32 X 72.

It was fun building it to. Lots of sight see ers as I built it in the front yard.

Should be able to fit a lot of crap, I mean stuff :rofl: in that. Make sure your overhead doors are plenty wide. I went 10', should have gone 12'. I don't keep a large boat in it but I should have been wider.

gar30005.jpg

image.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hey buckboardjr.....you've got my dream garage....unfortunately my deed prevents realizing my dream...as well as the proximity to my next door neighbor's lacrosse practice area (he's a coach) :) Very nice job!