I just read an update on this tragedy . According to Newzjunky it was a 25' sailboat . Now the same news is reporting that it was a 19' Starcraft and the two men were fishing . I guess eventially they will get the story straight . One man is still missing .

Prayers and thoughts go out to the family,and makes me realize,we should always wear a life jacket in uncertain waters.

I believe he WAS wearing a life jacket---a zip on coat type. The Coast Guard found it unzipped and floating 500 yards from the overturned boat. :(

Ive had a cold water experience while duck hunting last January...waded out and slipped off a ledge into 15 feet of water.....Sucks really bad...The water had to have been close to 32 degrees..lots of floating ice....The first thing you realize is the extreme shock running trough your body...Like electricity....Then your body aches....I was only in the water for about a minute. Kept my head together and got to wade-able depths.....I can see how a person could panic and make the wrong decisions.....Another soul claimed by Lake O.....Thoughts go out to the family........

My prayers go out to the familys and hope that other new people out ther fishing or boating this lake realize that Lake Ontario is very dangerous and she needs to be respected. I hate seeing this kind of tragady that could of been prevented. God bless us all out on the big pond. ;(;(

This is a tradgic thing to happen to anyone my heart goes out to the family and everyone involved, it impacts all of those who tryed to help. I had a incedent happen to me a few years ago, we where on the north side of Galloo when the wind came out of no where and the lake turned into a mess real quick 3to4 footers so we decited to head in when I lost 2 cylinders then the throttel cable broke the waves were comming over the bow so I took the engine cover off and ran the carbs by hand while my dad drove the boat but we still couldn't get the bow up enough to keep the waves from comming over the bow so I started the kicker up ran that at full throttle an the main engine on 2 cylinders we made back to henderson,but my chest was black&blue from the pounding over the waves,I now respect the lake a hole lot more sinc then,plus bought a bigger boat with closed bow. Tight lines to everone and be safe. PAP

I can relate to this trajedy. On March 7 this year a friend and I were fishing Lake George in a 12 foot john boat and capsized a couple hundred yds out. The water temp was 33 degrees. We were in the water at least 30 min before someone heard us yelling. Thank god we had life jackets on. I know with out them we would'nt be hear today. My prayers go out to the family.

My prayers are with the family also and nothing could be more tragic for them, but am I the only one to ask why would you be on Lake Ontario in a small fishing boat when the weather is calling for an all out Nor'Easter Storm with 60 mph winds from the north east?