Anybody fishing out of Sodus ?? I will be taking my first trip out this coming weekend , and was wondering if there in fairly close for my smaller boa( 19' ) and how bad the traffic will be ?? Does Sodus have as good a run as Oswego and Fair Haven ??

Chug,

I fish out of Sodus. This past week during the start, the fish were out in the 200-400fow range, then at the end of the week they were in at the 100fow range... it all depends on the wind. This time of the year there will almost always be a few fishin the 100fow range though. I'll be out there this weekend, usually on Ch9, sometimes Ch8 or Ch68 (I don't have scan). Or you can look me up at Arney's Marina. I have a 19' as well.

Nick

fyrman67,

I fished out of Sodus yesterday afternoon and there was no one out there. (perfect, just the way I like it!).

I always take the day after Labor Day off, just to have the place to myself. Things will be, "back to normal" until Memorial Day '08. 'Till then, the fishing will be good, if not excellent and there will probably not a bad day of fishing due to the "Weekend Warriors" (I heard that over the weekend on Sunday Derby Fishing,... don't know if it's an actual name of a boat, or an apt description of the guy who ran over someone else's wire rig).

The only thing you really gotta do is make sure that you are ready for anything, as far as not being able to call for help. Yeah, I fish alone and I fish from April to November. More than 1/2 the time I'm out there, there are few, if anybody out there to "save me." It's up to you to save yer own butt and that means making sure your boat is 100%. Don't be silly thinking, "It's a beautiful day, I'll just go in a T-shirt and these here shorts,.." because it can get pretty cold and lonely waiting for shore to come along and save you if you have a dead engine. That means bring some food too.

It's all about time on the water and yesterday evening, after a nice afternoon, I managed a 21.5 king. It's a challenge to rig the boat, drive the boat, hook the fish, drive the boat, net the fish and drive the boat all at the same time, but whatta hoot!

Get out there, be safe, don't expect a lot of radio chatter, but expect some of the best fishing experience the Great Lake Ontario has to offer, Fall Salmon Fishing!!

Pierless

Pierless,

Thanks for the reply. We also hit the lake whenever possible on the weekdays. Got on the water yesterday @ 6am, fished until 11:30am and had a blast! Went 3/6 (2 kings, 18# and 23#) and one 7# brown. All came on green krinkle/green spin doctor combos. We fish a 23' trophy i/o, named "Blue Ghost"...say hey if you see us out there!

Pierless,

Thanks for the reply. We also hit the lake whenever possible on the weekdays. Got on the water yesterday @ 6am, fished until 11:30am and had a blast! Went 3/6 (2 kings, 18# and 23#) and one 7# brown. All came on green krinkle/green spin doctor combos. We fish a 23' trophy i/o, named "Blue Ghost"...say hey if you see us out there!