autopilot

bear

What kind of steering do you have? I have a 23' walkaround with power assist cable steering, and I'm having Krenzer Marine in Sodus Point install a Si-Tex SP-110 with Dashboard Drive. It is the competitor of the Raymarine SPX-5R. I had heard quite a few poor reviews of the Raymarine wheelpilot, so I went with Si-Tex as the alternative.

I am having a Raymarine SPX-5R installed on my Baha. This unit has been redone since it was a Sportpilot. Those are the units that had the issues. I did lots of research when trying to decide on which way to go. www.thehulltruth.com has LOTS of info. These guys live in warmer climates and use there boats a lot more then we do and have a lot of positives to say. I also talked with 3 captains who installed this unit and they all have good things to say. I didnt want to replace my drive system so Raymarine is the way to go. Also if you have a certified NEMA installer do the job you get a better warranty and factory support. Good Luck with your choice. I bought my unit from Kevin Yerge at the Wilson Boatyard he is also doing the install.