Olcott Sun 9-2 and Mon 9-3

Got out sunday morning, just me and dad, had a pretty good day on the stagers. We ended up 6/8 with 4 matures between 18 and 26 lbs.

We were fishing in 70-80 fow both east and west of the harbor. Lots of bait balls and hooks tight to bottom. Our best rig was the familiar bite whole alewife on a familair bite chartreuse daisy chain (their name for a twinkie rig) behind a black fish shaped blade with double pearl glow tape (I got it from the Familiar Bite guy at Great Lakes Tackle Supplies) about 50' lead on the rigger down 70. That took 5 of out 8 bites.

The other 3 came on mountain dew SD green crinkle fly off the 60 foot rigger (2 bites) and the smallest september shaker I've ever seen on the chrome/green SD and mirage fly off the wire diver 180 back. This baby king was only 7" or so, I can't believe that there are any still that small this time of year.

What a difference a day makes, sunday was nice and calm, monday morning greeted us with 1-3 footers first thing in the morning and built to 4-5's by 10:30 when we called it quits. Tough fishing as well, we went 0/2, one bite on a mag blue dolphin stinger on the wire diver. this fish hit as I was letting the diver creep out from 100-130 ft of wire. The other came on the familiar bite rig. It is amazing that with 1 large single embedded right in the alewife and a second treble dangling just behind that a fish could bite it and not get a hook in its mouth. Not nearly as good a picture as sunday.

Tim