Pro Musky Tournament Trail (PMTT) – Cave Run Lake

Pro Musky Tournament Trail (PMTT) – Cave Run Lake

Well it’s almost that time of year again for the annual PMTT event down on Cave Run. This will be my first year participating and I can’t tell you how excited I am for it! I’m having trouble sleeping cause of this – it’s great! I’m not looking forward to the almost 10 hour drive down there with a boat but I wanted to do the event at least once in my life just to say I did it! I’m hoping maybe someday they will host an event close to upstate NY again.

I’ll try to post some pictures and updates live from the event (if allowed by rules – will have to double check that first). Pre-fish on Friday and tournament on Saturday/Sunday.

Stay tuned…….

Chad, Good Luck to You & Mike at Cave Run PMTT Event. I wish I could be there myself,but have other comitments this weekend on the water in NW PA. Maybe the LungeLumber will get you a Giant Lunge to Win!

I look forward to seeing your live reports!

Capt. Larry

Thanks guys - I'm heading out tonight to stay over Joe's in Buffalo and then leaving at 5:00am tomorrow morning to meet up with Mike in Chautauaqua. From there I think it is about 7 hours to the cave where our first order of business will be to stop in at the local musky tackle shop that Crash owns and pick up some fishing licenses and launch permits for the park.

Good luck guys. If any team has a shot at it, its the two of you! Keep us 'posted' ;)

Thanks Nitro - I looked the records for the PMTT dating back to 1998 and it really seems like a tournament that anyone can win - it only takes one decent fish and you will be right there in contention. To make top 10 in the tournament over the years it seemed you needed a single 38" musky or greater. Some years more, some less but that is the goal if you want to cash I believe. :yes: I'll be happy if I catch anything...

Chad- almost forgot- I got some partycrasher's from a bait maker in Ohio. They are made to cast right into a log jam and crank through wood without hanging up. Maybe the best cranks ever for wood. If interested stop by and I will give you a half dozen of them. I know that the Lunge Lumbers will be #1 but wanted to give you a back up plan since the reports I have seen have said that timber is super important this year. Once again- if you want some just stop by. Popular Southern bait.

Crashers.jpg

026.jpg

Zach - thanks for the offer! I'm not sure I'll have time today to pick it up but will keep those in mind. Mike has told me that we will be fishing a lot of lumber this weekend too. I love the pick of you and your kid in front of Crash's sign there :clap::yes::yes:

Good Luck son, I know you two will take this to whole new level, I hope the PMTT is ready for you. Drive safe, keep the hooks sharp and since your in Kentucky... watch yourself around those mason jars, extremely flammable....

Made it safely to the and got to explore around a bit. First impression of the lake is that it is gorgeous. No houses on the lake at all. Much different from the lakes I fish back home. We will see how tomorrow goes.

4e00978e.jpg

Cheers,

Chad

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Yeah buddy! Gonna stop back on here and check the updates like hourly, man- living through you on this one! Smash em up!

You said first thing you noticed was no houses, next thing you'll notice is mud banks and no weeds with timber starting in 35' of water. Threw me for a loop.

Thanks Zach. I'll do my best post some regular updates here. Picked up this lure to try on Braddocks or Conesus for like pike and tigers when I get home.

85a8b2de.jpg

edcfb6a8.jpg

Heading down to lake now...

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png