Pro Musky Tournament Trail (PMTT) – Cave Run Lake

Water color looks a little clear,not the normal light brown tinge! I would downsize baits a little and when trolling get up to 6 mph. There are complete forests of underwater trees there and when the water is clear they will go down into those tree tops out of the sun.But then again at high noon if the sun is out head for beach sand areas where the heated sand from that sun beating on it radiates into the water causing a slightly warmer water by the beaches,draws in bait fish and feeding muskies,twitch baits,jerkbaits and Red October twisted tube in white. Do not forget Chinaman Beach up by the Dam,will not get fished by anybody but Crash or Justin!

Capt. Larry

Yeah Chad- mess around in Scotts! Good spot, thats where I saw Crash camped out for 3 days straight. If I was there- 108 rods out be out trolling, no limit on rods in KY. One swipe down the lake but honestly that boat would be awesome for musky fishing.

Checking out Tony Grants place before rules meeting tonight. Had fantastic time on water today and learned a lot. Totally different fishery than up north.

1c3f3493.jpg

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

UPDATE: Sperry/Lapa tied for lead at 2012 PMTT!!! Tiebreaker starts tomorrow at 7:00am Scouting day went good. Seen more bait than fish but have a couple promising spots marked out. Saw a few big hooks on graph today. Should be fun tomorrow - looking forward to it!! Will post if anything "interesting" happens ;)

Just saw Justin Mullins interview from this morning and said that he expects the trollers to do good. Something to think about- there is coverage on Muskiefirst.

'Fishing has been crazy, best start ever for the Cave! 15 muskies or more already registered in just the first hour and a half.'

'Two doubles already'

Stand by for more updates as they come in!

That is what was reported at MuskieFirst,I hope Chad & Mike are getting in on those catches so far!

Capt. Larry

Can't say we didn't have our chances. Lost two and had a couple more follows. Swing and a miss for us today. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.