Pro Musky Tournament Trail (PMTT) – Cave Run Lake

On top of that I lost three lures today. Bulldog gone, perch prowler gone and joes custom red October tube.... Oops. Add that one to my tab Joey. Sorry bout that one!! Who knew there would be trees down 50 feet!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

All lures over 6" got little to no attention. Mikes fish was on one of his downsized bucktails and mine was on a phantom. My best shot at winning something here might be at the raffle tonight. Haha.

e3809ecc.jpg

You will have to double check my numbers here but it looks like out of 75 boats there was a total of 45 muskies caught with 24 of those coming from the top ten places. Congrats to those guys for really putting together a great day on the water! Should make for an exciting finish. Check out musky first for the leader board results. Cheers!

Rise n shine - its fishin time!! Larry most all fish in tourney caught casting. The nice thing about the PMTT is that you are always only one big away from a top ten finish. Let's see if we can get lucky today!

Cost of PMTT Cave Run Event

$600 registration 

$70 PMTT membership

$224 Three nights at Confort Inn

$500 Gas from Rochester

$100 Food 

$30 Fishing License

$9 parking permit ($3/day)

Experience gained.... PRICELESS!

Chad- wow, those were my exact words I said on my drive home from that lake. I thought I knew a thing or two about fishin' but that lake really threw me for a loop. Like nothing I have ever been on before or since. Either way, it was really fun to watch you compete in an event you personally have dreamed about doing and making it a reality! You took a chance and in the end, you became a better angler, got out fishing with Mike, met some big name people that we all read about and fished a prettier lake than we get to fish. Congrats on going for it, hey you never know right unless you take that shot! I hope you don't over think those fish that followed/missed/showed themselves too much. You'll probably replay those follows way too many times in your head if your like me but most of all don't forget to pat yourself on the back for taking that chance most of us just dream of. Chin up homey, may the drive go fast and may it be the best musky season ever. :yes:

PS- Tourney was won casting by the reining team of the year on Meduss'a (in bright colors like firetiger) over open water to massive suspended schools of shad and ripping the rubber through the schools. 2nd place was secured by casting 10" Jakes around timber where shad were present and twitching back really slow.

Thanks for the kind words bud. Glad u enjoyed the live updates. The tournament was a blast and VERY well run. Kudos to all the guys involved in putting that together.

Despite not getting hooks into the fish we did see, I'm not to bothered by the fact we didn't hook up. I enjoyed the adventure start to finish and picked up some experience I'd otherwise never have got. Fishing within casting distance of guys like Thomas, Mullins and Kircher's was pretty cool. Mullins has one sweet boat!!

I hope to maybe do the event again someday...

You should get your boat wrapped also Chad. I am thinking a Baker's sticker would look really nice on that new rig! Whatca think about that? I will get started on it in the morning just because its too late tonight. It's gonna be great, I can see it now! :clap: