snap swivels what size, brand???

I have been asking a lot of questions lateley and I am glad the members have replied with lots of info.

What size snap swivel do you use for spoons, flashers?

Is there any brand in particular?

Where can I buy the online, I live in a area where most shops carry the cheapest ones around.

thanks

Sturgeonx

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday we were out I was useing my ballbering swivles that I use for walleye in the central basin we got an 18# king it twisted the lock open and folded it back we got the fish in but I don't know how .but he mangled my cheap swivle we had to slip over to the slipery sinker and paul set us up you get what you pay for is right

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I've heard good things about the Dreamweaver swivels as well. I have some but want to try the Torpedo swivels too - I'd like to find a quality product that doesn't cost $2 per swivel.

• 1 month later...

Dreamweavers are solid.

greatlakestackleshop.com

or gloutdoors.com both have them.

Slippery sinker in Olcott also has them.

Haven't tried the torpedos yet but hear good things about them.

Lost 2 good fish to cabelas deluxe swivels last weekend. both broke just above the snap. I thought we took all of those out of the boat, but my buddy wasn't paying attention and the result was 4 lost spoons and 2 lost "DERBY WINNERS". :rofl: The ones that get away are always the biggest.

Gonna start putting my phone # on all spoons just in case they are recovered by another fisherman. :rofl::rofl:

Agreed - the Dreamweavers are solid but also more than twice the cost.

I pulled a new dipsy leader off a piece of foam tube stashed on the boat and realized I'd tied them at the end of last season (our first season). Right idea, wrong equipment. I'd used what I had at hand - panfish swivels (stamped Eagle Claw). We haven't actually had a breakoff (shocking) but they've now all been replaced with quality swivels, 30# big Game (or some #12 fluoro) and they're in a Plano leader box.

I'd like to avoid donating to the lake gods for as long as possible. This stuff adds up :)

Torpedodivers.com best swivels i have seen yet. Inexpensive as well

Inexpensive until you calculate shipping to the US. $16 :o .

How can three packs of swivels cost almost as much to ship as it was to buy them????

Spike

The Torpedo Swivels are available in most Great Lakes Stores.

Shipping from Canada can be expensive because Fedex and UPS double the shipping costs but is tracked and therefore guaranteed.

If you want cheaper shipping just ask and Torpedo Fishing Products will ship via mail in an envelope for just over $1, of course you take a risk this way but shipping is far less.

SAMPO size #1 make sure you get cross lock style. Remember you get what you pay for

Older post I know, but Sampo is the last word in swivels.

Matter of fact, going to their manufacturing facility, over in Barneveld, N.Y., Thursday, or Friday this week to replentish my supply.

Nice folks. :yes: