What is your Go-To lure??

Guppy35

What is everybody's Go-To lure and color for Largemouth bass in May - June? I'd have to go with the Senko Worm (Watermelon Seed)

Sean

I was going to say the same! Caught a bunch flipping the docks last weekend's

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Boy, U sometimes never know with largemouths. I guess it depends a lot on what body of water your fishing. In Sodus Bay, or the canal or the fingers, I like various short lipped crankbaits that resemble maybe bluegills or minnowbait plugs. When I'm getting nowhere though, softbaits of some kind will work almost 100% of the time (jigs with grub bodies or plastic worms).

I've never tried hooking a senko worm wacky style, always gone with the texas rig (mostly so i can pull it across the weed beds). Do you think wacky style has a better presentation to bass or is it mostly just personal preference? Can you fish weed beds with it wacky style or do you get snags a lot?

Thanks

Right at sunrise, before the sun really comes up. wacky hook a large live crawler. 4lb test so you can cast and hold on for dear life! I used to do this when I was young. Now I don't get up so early and usually throw Senkos and tubes.

• 2 weeks later...

My three go-to lures are a salt and pepper senko worm on a spinner harness, Panther Martin #1 black and yellow and oddly enough this year so far a pink Mightymite microjig has actually yielded suprising results on largemouths... All of these fished on 6lb test and an ultralight of course.