A reel ?

Does any one know if the counters on reels are more true with a full or empty spool? Given the diameter of the spool. I would think when its is full due to that is were most reels are at while fishing but not really sure. Any help would be great! Also they are Okuma reels that i am wondering about if that helps at all.

Thanks Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Does any one know if the counters on reels are more true with a full or empty spool? Given the diameter of the spool. I would think when its is full due to that is were most reels are at while fishing but not really sure. Any help would be great! Also they are Okuma reels that i am wondering about if that helps at all.

Thanks Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Accuracy never mattered to me as much as consistency. As long as I can put that item right back to where it was, I'm happy. I also like uniformity between reels aboard. If the port side dipsy is a CV 45 low on wire, but the starboard side dipsy is a LC 47 full to the rim...I have trouble dialing them in !

If your buddy is using 20 lb. wire and his dipsys are hot at 75 feet, your 30lb. wire might not fire at 75 feet ! ;)