Go pro Camera question

Brian you can plug it into a cig lighter on the boat to keep it charging not sure yet how long the batt life is haven't used mine yet.

Hope this helps

AVERAGE RECORDING TIME WITH 32GB SD CARD:

1080p30: 4 hours

960p30: 6 hours

720p60: 4 hours

720p30: 6 hours

WVGA 120: 4.5 hours

The rechargeable battery will last approximately 2.5 hours and takes the same amount of time to recharge via USB. Battery life is affected by temperature so recording times will be shorter in cold weather. Attaching one of the optional GoPro Bacpacs will also shorten the battery life (except the Battery Bacpac which doubles the battery life).

i use windows movie maker came on my laptop when i bought it the time on that battery is for the hero not the hero2 cam not sure if there is a difference or not

Bri,

You will fill up the SD card before the battery dies. We took ours to Costa Rica and the 32 gig card was full in like 2 or 2.5 hours (on 1080) if you lower the resolution it will run longer ..... cool video but the fish-eye lens is a little tough to get used too

That 2.5 hours is also based on usage and temp. I use mine all Winter long and the cold reduces the batteries some what. Plus when you turn it on and off alot that will effect it too.

I use windows live movie maker which will do everything you need...

samples of editing..

Winter

MHS8MB7XQfo

Fishing(will have alot more)

P-W6hF-CnjU

I made the mistake of getting a 16gb card. right now I have 53gb's worth of video, and no computer or software to edit it. The camera takes great video though. can't wait to get a computer in the next few months to knock out some great clips.

I just picked one up today im going tomorrow for a 32 gb sd card cant wait to use mine. I didnt realize how short the videos will be maybe ill get 2 sd cards. Have you guys seen the underwater video clip in the niagara river. its pretty cool. Im gonna try to mount mine on my planer board mast and then work on something different.

Batteries are 23 dollars at target after tax. I just picked up another battery myself. External hard drives are the way to go if you want to keep all or most of your footage. Now if you keep up and edit what you want and discard the rest you won't use as much memory. Another suggestion is to upload to YouTube. Free storage. Just change to private viewing and it won't be public. YouTube also has editing on their site but I don't know how it is. I bought Pinnacle Studio hd editing for $60 at Walmart. It works with mp4 files that gopro records in. Windows movie maker is great but I could not get the update that converts the file over.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

i've also been working with one as well for my charters....i'm getting about 2 - 2.5 hrs (i picked up a second battery) and also got 2 - 35gb cards- swamp the same time i do the batteries

awesome video- except the volume (sound) with the submersible enclosure is minimal (but add music to my clips anyways when editing)

if you go on my home page www.irishknotsfishing.com a client of mine had made this up for me... with some underwater footage and music

What an awesome addition to record the memories

Something I just figured out is YouTube only plays video up to 30fps so it does not make sense to record higher then that unless you want slow motion edits. Turns out my computer is a bit faster as well.

Im thinking the battery BacPacs might be the way to go. 50 dollars but it should last 4 to 5 hrs. I missed a fish that put a good show on and I did not hear the camera die. the only other option that I like is to use the Skelton case 40 dollars and plug the USB cable into what ever power source available.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png