Hot Lure: firetiger stick, chicken shack

Trolling Speed: 2.2 to 2.5

Down Speed: unknown

Boat Depth: 16 ft

Lure Depth: 6 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Short trip. Caught two trolling west to Cowsucker, turned deep to 50 fow & got blown off the lake.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

Made for a nice dinner last night, anyway. :clap:

That second brown was so fat, I opened her up to take a look - pulled out 8 alewives (2 6-inchers) and two gobies. Tried running a dipsy with a flasher/fly when we hit deep water and failed miserably :( . Have to figure out what I did wrong...

Nice Browns :yes: I see that fat football. Must be a PIG!..wanted more to eat :lol: How deep did you go for the salmon? I was too deep at first and near the edge of the colored water when I moved into the color a little bit more towards shore and had action between 60 and 70 Fow. The green water was the ticket there. a little slower troll too. Spoons seem a little more active than the wires and flies combo but both produced out in front of point Breeze. troll was east due to waves and my gps read 2.4 to 2.8 with the 2.4 side being more active. east current was cutting the water speed past the lures as well but I don't have a speed temp unit to measure accurately....just go by my rigger cables by experience.

Mark

We marked constant fish in 16 fow from Sandy to Cowsucker but couldn't keep a constant trolling speed in our 18 ft Starcraft. We swung out to 50 fow at about 9:30am - just in time for the wind and waves to pick up. Don't think we marked a single fish over 20 fow and we pulled lines and headed in at 10am. Not a fun ride back in 3 - 5 ft waves but at least the wind had shifted and we could run straight into them.

The wind has not not been a friend the last few days. When I got to the lake Sunday it was a surprise the water was capped pretty bad. I thought the wind was light at the house 5 miles from shore but that was deceiving. 11:00 am was a hard ride west into them but wanted to set up and get the easy ride back to port on the troll. My daughters boyfriend does not handle the chum factor well and he slept on the bow deck for most of the troll.

The Forever Young passed us yesterday as you guys were riding back in. I was on my troll north to deeper water, you guys passed right in front of us. Looked like a fun boat ride, LOL. Gave me sweet memories of fishing out of my old Starcraft. It was really rocking out there during our last hour of fishing.

It wasn't easy running stuff yesterday in that weather, so don't feel bad. As you know I broke off a planerboard, the heavy duty swivel broke. Then to add insult to injury, we lost a huge laker behind the boat when we went out to 50 FOW. No Kings for us, but we took our lion's share of the browns earlier that morning in close. We'll be back out on Saturday for some derby fishing. Let me know if you'll be out of Sandy again.

Chris

The Forever Young passed us yesterday as you guys were riding back in. I was on my troll north to deeper water, you guys passed right in front of us. Looked like a fun boat ride, LOL.

I remember - just east of the mouth, we had to cross in front of you and then behind someone else just northwest of you. I was steering, trying to avoid hitting those waves at an angle. Hope I left everyone enough room ;)

No problems for us at all Bob. I knew you guys had limited manuverability with the waves, we were doing just fine fishing the ditch at that point anyway, and trying to get out deeper between boats.

The funny part was I had just hung the phone up calling you. LOL