Canadian Licenses

Clarke, Thanks for the number.

Musky, I didn't know duty free had them. I'll have to check out the one at the Lewiston Queenston bridge.

Tim, I usually just go across the Lewiston Queenston bridge to the CT, but really got harassed at the border about it last year for some reason. I just wanted to avoid making another trip across the border if I could, but thanks for the thought :devil:

next year if u want to cross and get your lic. you need to have a passport. :(

Possibly January 01, 2008

Visas and Travel Documents

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and Canada: Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

Effective January 23, 2007, all U.S. citizens traveling by air to and from Canada are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States. As early as January 1, 2008, U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and Canada by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid U.S. passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries. American citizen travelers are encouraged to apply for a U.S. passport or the passport card when it becomes available, well in advance of anticipated travel. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on applying for a passport.

Current Requirements for Entry Into Canada

Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Canada from the U.S. You will, however, need:

1. proof of your U.S. citizenship such as your U.S. passport (For information on obtaining a U.S. passport, check with one of the regional passport agencies located throughout the U.S.) or certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the city, county or state in the U.S. where you were born. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen and do not have a passport, you should travel with your naturalization certificate. A driver’s license, voter’s registration card or Social Security card is NOT valid proof of citizenship.

2. photo identification, such as a current, valid driver’s license.

All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport. Alien permanent residents of the U.S. must present their Alien Registration Card, commonly called a “Green Card.â€Â

• 4 weeks later...

called the phone# for using credit card for canadian fishing license 1-800-667-1940 today,I was told it would arive in about 4 to5 days/ unless feds inspect this package then it would be 5 to6 weeks

I crossed the Peace Bridge, $2.50 US or $3.50 CN, went to the Welcome Center across from the Fort Erie Slots/Racetrack,$200.00US, and paid $64.00CN for my license. The ride back over the bridge was free, just a 10 minute wait at the Immigration/Customs Booth.