I fished the trench this past weekend without even a strike. I trolled north and south at 1.8 t0 2.2 mph. my spread was nk 28's on the inside and 8 " flasher e chips with fly's white on white and green on green outside riggers. also ran copper out 300 and 200. I tried from 90' down and as shallow as 30' downover 120 t0 80 fow. I really did not see anyone catching anything either but i was looking for any kind input into something i should have done different ? i am going back up this weekend and would like to catch a few. last year i did fairly well inside black river bay when the fish were staged however it seems like the fish maybe in transition and i have not adapted to them. any advise would be appreciated

you need to kiss real good ass, you need one you need to know the under water currents. buy a deapth raider just as good and cheaper.

Better and less expensive, (Depth Raider) Not to speak of the support if you do have a problem. ;)

Kerch,

This time of year the trech gets to be a tough place to fish. The fish get lock jaw, and they are really moving around. I had a couple of friends out Saturday for 12 hours and only did 2 fish. As far as your speed you might have been ok, depending on the current in the trench, it gets moving pretty good in there this time of year. I would start looking up in the 50' area along the pill boxes down through the High Rocks, along with the area down to Association Island. There were fish down near the island last weekend. If the winds are low, then I would head south toward the dunes or the pond. Good Luck.

Rich

Rich is right, head south..see my report, if the weather is nice you can still load the boat. Monday was a great day but we only had a short timeon the water due to wind but the fish were snapping. the Fish are full of vinigar too, we spend 45 minutes chasing one down the other day, it would just not come up.

In the trench you need to watch your rods. Last time we trolled there SOG was very slow one way and fast the other depending on the current. If you are going with it you need to go faster, just watch the divers, if they are not pulling speed up, if you see them thumping real good back off, but play with it, sometimes they like it slow, sometimes fast. If you run spoons we have done browns in there too.

We have doen better futher up the trenchthe times we have fished it. Late last year we did them ont he edge of the drop outside of gravely.

We have not done well with spoons in the trench, I do not believe they are actively feeding there. I woud run J plugs, and paddles and flies and get them worked up.

I learned a long time ago that sharing is better than not. Believe me, I could give you an antire rig and it will run different on your boat.

I have fished two charters side by side running exactly th esame and we pounded fish while our buddy could not buy a bite.

Heck everyone is killing them on mirage flies but I have only had one day where they have gone.

Anyhow, good luck.

don't forget there will be miltiple runs of salmon too and theyounger fish are still in the main lake.