Species Breakdown: 1 Brown, 1 Northern Pike

Hot Lure: Rainbow trout finish joined rapala

Trolling Speed: 1.5 - 2.0

Boat Depth: 6 - 10

Lure Depth: 3 - 6

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started late as we waited for the waves to calm a little after Fridays small craft advisery. Launched at stony creek boat launch and made our way into the lake with temps around 44F.

Turned north and ventured into the first bay. I have only one good arm (post Bicep tendon surgery in my left arm) so I was driving the boat and netting one handed. I was trying to keep things simple for my novice buddy, so we were flat lining 4 poles off the back of my boat without my usual otter boat spread. We had the outside minnow lures back 150 and the inside minnow lures back 100 from the boat. We were still skunked after leaving the first northern bay, so we turned south fore the Sandy dunes south of Black Pond. we pulled tight into shore in 4 -6 foot of water to find our warmest temps of almost 47F. We were running some s curves and changing speeds when we finally got some action. My buddy was having a hell of a time fighting the unknown fish (I thought he had the biggest brown I was ever going to see). when the fish finall got to the boat I was surprised to see we had gotten tangled up with Mr. toothy critter:

Ken_s_Pike.jpg

NOT what we were looking for, but fun none the less. We released him after a short revival and decided that we would head out to make a pass around drowned island. Just started turning back towards shore after passing by the deper side of the shoal when we finally get our score. Nice eater size Mr Brown for Supper:

Ken_s_Brown_trout.jpg

First trip of the year wasn't the best, but a success in my book.

See ya Skunk!

I almost fished out of Stony this morning but made the run to Mexico instead. I've fished 10 days this spring and we've limited and released others 9 of the 10 days. Been a great spring so far but I'm about to transition some to walleyes.