This is something I've never seen before in MEXICO BAY!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: Dreams Come True Charters

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 4/28 morning- 4/29 morning-4/29 afternoon 3 trips

Time on Water: 16 total hours over 3 trips

Weather/Temp: nice

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves: 2 to 5 footers varied over the weekend

Surface Temp: 44

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: over 63

Total Boated: over 41

Species Breakdown: Kings, Browns, Lakers, Steelhead and Rainbows

Hot Lure: all Stinger spoons

Trolling Speed: 2.5 to 3.2

Down Speed: same

Boat Depth: 50 to 80 foot

Lure Depth: 25 to 55

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Well, all I can say is WOW we boated over 20 Kings this weekend during three trips. The biggest was a 26 lb slob. We lost another 10+ and landed countless lakers some browns and 2 steelies and one domestic rainbow. One Laker was just shy of 20lbs. Most of the lakers were let go. I am only limiting guys to 1 laker per person if they so choose to keep one but most dont want them.

An all stinger spoon program with many colors doing damage. the new UV stinger are mowing them down with a few capt. Rick specials also ripping them up. Mostly all greens with some kind of orange in the spoon. riggers set from 25 to 55 foot down and 50 to 75 foot back. small size 2 dippys on a #2 out 200 to 250. did most of the fish. Green green green need I say more! my 8 color core got rocked all weekend to. Thats it. my speed was high er in my troll and there is a massive current off the point at 9 mile. also a nice slick line. You guys can figure out the rest! all I can say is I have been fishing on the big O for 28 years and I do not recall a early spring like this. This season is one for the record books!!

sat morning trip 15 for 23

spring_kings2.jpg

sun morning trip 18 for 26

spring_kings_4.jpg

sun night 8 for 14

spring_kings1.jpg

26lb. spring slob 12lb test

spring_kings_3.jpg

Get ot and FISH!!

No problem guys. I am one of the very few charter Captains that actually try to help guys out. I to was just a weekend guy for many years wondering about how the charters do it. now I am one and I love to share info and better our sport and to see guys so interested in sport fishing the big lake. We need the support here for our livlyhoods. Our local shops, gas stations, deli's and marinas will all benifit more guys fishing up here. Not to mention maybe some one hiring a charter or two. Its all good and will work out in the end. I'm so tried of all the secrets!!! Everythings a secret! Well The secrets out lets go fishin!!!!!

Good Morning guys,what a great post. I'm taking my oldest grandson and a friend up to Oswego tomorrow and I'm looking for any info. on where to fish for the late afternoon&evening. I plan on fishing east of Oswego but it's been at least 5 years since I've fished up there so any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like it's going to be sunny in the 2nd. half of the day so I plan on fishing a 30-50 FOW ? I will be running 2- 4 riggers and side planners.

The young man that is going with us is a marine who is waiting for travel orders so I'm hopeing to send him off with fun fish tomorrow.Gary

Nice report! If the kings are here in these numbers and sizes already, I can't wait for the fall. My crew is already betting someone will find that 45+ pounder before the season is over. Of course, we hope it is one of us!!!