The Boarder

Well, we did the boarder crossing thing all weekend long. When we arrived at Dalhousie I called in. Gave them my Documentation number and they had me on file along with everyone that went with me the last few trips. We had one new guy we had to get into their system, but it was painless. When we crossed back over the boarder while fishing I called in, and was instructed to call back when i got to my dock. We did this each day (because we fished in American waters). It was so easy! Took less than 5 minutes each time.

Now, to get back into my country. That was another story. We had to go to the video phone. The questions were re-donk-u-less. Finally, they turned on the video phone and checked out all our passports and asked everyone a bunch of questions. Took about 15 minutes.

Other than that it was not a bad experience. Others didn't call and get a new arrival number while fishing and weren't hassled. I just wasn't willing to pay $1000, so we made sure they knew we were in the country.

Well, we did the boarder crossing thing all weekend. It was so easy! Took less than 5 minutes each time.

I run musky charters on The St. Lawrence from Oct-Dec. We have to call every morning also...It was never a problem, just took a few minutes. One morning they asked to talk to our clients...Seems that they had some DWI's in their past, so the Canadians didn't want them over there fishing. No problem, we just trolled in the American side of the river!

Like you said, REALLY EASY..Not a hassle, what's the big deal? Following some rules and procedure sure beats paying a hefty fine! :)