Lucky Enuff Oswego report 9/3 & 9/4

I had my friend Dr Burns in from San Diego Ca. and quickly introduced him to our lake O fishery. He was impressed....to say the least. He grew up in the pacific northwest and his father ran a salmon charter for many years.

On Monday, we got a late start cause I forgot my boat keys. After we figured out how to hotwire the engines, we hit the lake. We started out hooking up within the first fifteen min., but after a lengthly battle the fish was lost. Within another half hour, Dr Burns landed his first east coast king at about 22lbs. Both fish were on the riggers. We had a burner on the copper, but it sad see ya and then the lake got realy bumpy and the fishing ended for us.

Tuesday started out with leftover 4 fters, but Mondays west blow along with a major reduction in boat traffic turned on the fish. We started late (8am) and got blanked till 9:30....then three rods fired at the same time....a triple !! Welcome to lake O Mr. Burns!!! Fish came over 95 fow 65 down, 50 down and 100 out on the thumper. We landed two of the three....both 13 lb coho's. We picked away at them till 2pm and then we picked up and ran to a different area east of the harbor. Good choice....4 fish on within an hour. Headed in for a nap @ 3 and got back out for the final hour and had 4 more hook-ups, including a double, and landed two of them. Dr. Burns landed 8 Salmon on the day....he was blown away with our fishery!!! He said it's very rare to catch more than one a day out west.

The thumper was hot...the dipsey was not (for us, anyway). Riggers took pretty many hits & the copper has slowed for me, taking only two hits in two days. Lots of smaller kings.....10 to 15 lbs and mostly all males. We released all but 4 (2 coho & 2 kings) Flies and paddles did most of the damage, with two coming on spoons. Big suprise was the orange dodger and green fly. It was super hot with the kings (thought it was only a coho killer ???).

All the usual colors took hits. Most fish came in 70 to 105 fow...though most boats fished deeper than us.

One final note.....the fish are starting to enter the harbor. I saw a king swiming around the dock with a flasher & fly trailing it! Saw one other king off the dock also.

Good Luck !!!!

Rod