Wind Speed/Direction: Light west, calm

Waves: Nil

Surface Temp: 46 ish

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 24

Total Boated: 18

Species Breakdown: 14 lakers, 3 kings, 1 steelhead Hot Lure: Stinger Frog Trolling Speed: 2.0 - 2.3 Boat Depth: 55-70 Lure Depth: 35 and 45 ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== I have been fishing the skinny water since St. Patty's day for browns with good success, just started fishing Lake Ontario last year along the shoreline. When I got out to the lake it was nice and calm. I fish out of a small 16 foot tiller and with the good reports and my two newly acquired clamp on riggers for the boat I decided to shoot out to 55 fow and see what was happening. Worst case scenario I slide back in for browns seeing that I never fished out a little deeper before and didn't know what to expect. I was fishing solo. Planned on sending down the two riggers and throwing out a stickbait on the surface to possibly pick up a Coho. The Third rod never made it in the water. I had non-stop action the whole evening, mostly lakers, one steelhead, and my first ever Lake Ontario Kings the biggest going 19 pounds .

Ran two stingers, one DWB and one Frog both took the fair share. What an incredible evening, well worth the hour drive to squeez a few hours of fishing in. Bunch of lakers in the 8-12 lb. range. the two other kings in the low teens.

First mate

FirstMate.jpg

Fat toad, almost thirteen pounds

laker1.jpg

They just kept coming

laker2.jpg

19 lb. king, a reel hoot on the 7 ft. med. Ugly Sitck with 12 lb. test

king.jpg

When I first saw your thread title I thought to myself.......a virgin in Olcott? I have GOT to see this!!! ....oh well, welcome to the addiction and a great first trip out into deeper water. :yes::yes::beer::beer:

Its all been said .....

How cool was that eh? Does yer gps show "tracks" ill bet it looked like the trail left by the kid on "Family Circus" a cartoon in the sunday funnies,with yer tiller stering...

wish i was sittin in the front of yer boat with a video camera..my guess you would be close to a million hits by now :lol: ....

Enjoy this year hard to belive after last year things would (could) get better...

Yes the first mate does take good pictures, he's not camera shy. Gps track wasn't to bad, expect for the figure 8 I did with the big King, lol. Prob wouldn't get away with it with a walleye spread out but the short leads on the downriggers are very foregiving.