Mexico Bay 9/2/07, 9/4/07

I had the pleasure of first mating for Ron Jacoby on the Begniners Luck on Sunday for the am and pm trips. We had great crews on both trips. The am found us going 6 for 12 with 4 kings, one coho and a nice 9 lb brown. We fished from 60-75 fow, all fish came on paddle flies, in green/glow, white/glow, black/glow and chrome pulling ATOMMIK flies in mirage,hammer,green crinkle, and ProAm versions. The pm trip found us in the same area, with a lot less traffic and we ended with a sweet sunset and a crew that had big smiles and sore arms. We ended up 9 for 15 with 2 fish over 27 lbs. The same colors from the morning worked, including the Mag NBK. Thanks for a great day Ron, any time you need a hand give me a shout.

I took dad and a couple of his friends out on Tuesday out of Mexico. We fished the 60-85 fow area, we ended up going 3/5 with 2 kings and a 5lb steelie. The first king came on a Savant Kevorkian taped in the Rodney colors down 55 back 55. The second king came on the Green Echip with an ATTOMIK Green crinkle fly, almost doubled when the dipsey pulling a chrome echip/mirage took a rip, after pulling the rod found the treble was bit off. The steelie came on the NBK Mag 55back 55 down. I will be out on Saturday again, hopefully mother nature will play nice. Good Luck guys.

Rich