Best way to rig a Dipsey-S/D fly rig

I'm rigging my first wire diver set-ups and was wondering what's

the best poundage and type of line to run between your Dipsey and S/D?

also do you loop one end, or use 2 swivels or just tie direct, how long should it be ?

One other thing, I see alot of S/D-fly combos but not spoons with S/Ds.

Are spoons commly run behind them as well or do they run better with more conventional

flashers?

Thanks so much and tight lines all...

30 min, but with all the bigboys this year 40 or 50 lb should be used ,specially if ya leave yer drag loose and the fish swims away 500 ft thats about 600 slaps of its bony tail against yer leader,,,,so anyone loosin their spiny at the leader its the #1 reason .....you must INSPECT every connection and leader after every fish.......I tie direct to dyspy and GOOD swivel to spinny.....actually all termanation stuff should be of good quality..30.00 rig and biggest fish of yer life lost to a 50cent swivel wont sit well with ye specially in a derby..

spoons do work but not my specialty as i rarely do that setup..

I am with Ray 50# Flocarbon leader from the dipsie to the snap. I like the snubber (Clear) and the best snaps you can find. This rig takes alot of abuse and you won't be happy if you cheap out.

Thanks for the advice guys.

We boated 10 total last weekend all in the teens at Wilson, which may not sound

like alot to all the big guys out there, but honestly it's the best i've ever done, so much to learn,

so we weere thrilled. Had a great time. Again thanks.

Congratulations on a great job out there. :yes:

You should be thrilled.

Pay attention to all the small details when you take a fish and your numbers and knowlege will both grow with time.

Glen

Congratulations on a great job out there. :yes:

You should be thrilled.

Pay attention to all the small details when you take a fish and your numbers and knowlege will both grow with time.

Glen

DITTO!!

I am satisfied with 30# big game for my dipsy to flasher, this line has plenty of stretch. Keep your drags loose and tie a new leader every day and after every big fish that does what RAY said!!

I use 30# big game as well. Standard dipsy size I don't run a snubber but if for some reason I run a mag dipsy I will put a dreamweaver snubber on. From dipsy to to the fly should be about the length of your rod. You want to go long but not too long that you can't boat the fish.

I run spoons off of a dipsy but never behind an sd. I think it would mess the action of the spoon up. The sd provides the action to the fly.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png