parasites?

Has anyone else found worm like parasites in or on salmon ? I cleaned two this evening and found them in both fish. They were on the fillets. I removed them from the meat. Three between both fish.ate they safe to eat.?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

What do they look like (tan grub, round spiral worm, etc...)? I searched "parasite" and found some previous threads.

Basically parasites aren't unheard of, cooking or freezing kills them, they don't transfer to people but if there's more than a few, most people would rather pass...

What do they look like (tan grub, red spiral worm, etc...)? I searched "parasite" and found some previous threads.

Basically parasites aren't unheard of, cooking or freezing kills them, they don't transfer to people but if there's more than a few, most people would rather pass...

they were very thin and black. two of them were about an inch long and the big one was about two and a half inches. i inpected the meat and only found the three between both fish and removed them.

Sounds like you'd have to have an expert take a look to tell for sure. Did a little research and I had no idea there were so many possibilities. Everything says about the same thing - cooking properly will kill any parasites and decide for yourself if you want to eat it.

That’s just lovely. Does anyone think those fish might be naturally spawned fish, not hatchery fish?

I know the local Indian River system Perch are loaded with them but not that large