Dipsy diver depth charts??

I am just getting into running Dipsys. Does anyone have or know where to get depth charts for different size dipsy's? I have the chart for size 1 but am looking for other sizes. Minis, O, etc... Any help on the charts or how to run them would be appreciated. Thanks.

What's that give me with 350 ft out on a #1 with no ring at 2.2 mph with wire?? That's where I was really whacking them last year.. I was figuring about 100 ft since I was fishing in 110 to 120 and not hitting buttom with it.

The Big water edition is rare as hen's teeth. I don't know why they don't come out with a new edition or another printing of the 2nd edition ??????????

i do not run wire but the extra weight of it will give you more depth i am sure but if you go off the chart i would say you was on the bottom but i am sure there are a fw more experienced guys on here that can judge it better than me

Looks like he might have sold out (Precision Trolling: Big water edition) Wednesday: http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=195499

www.thefishinhole.com has the Pro Edition (for crankbaits) for $50. I don't know where you're located but the Gander Mountain in Henrietta had a single copy on the shelf a week ago for $30 - might be worth a call.

It is really not that critical to have a chart.

With wire on a 2.5 setting:

High 90 - 110 +/- 30'

med 120 - 160 +/- 50'

deep 180 - 220 +/- 70'

If you need to be higher -- less line or > setting

If you need to be deeper -- more line or < setting

If the fish are hitting at 150 on the port but not at 130 on the starboard, put the starboard to 160. If the fish are hitting only the deep one only when you turn to that side run them deeper if they are hitting the fast side - choke them up.

For starters in the morning run them where they were catching fish yesterday and adjust from there. It is best to let the fish tell you where they want it.

I find that each setup, boat, day is different. Deploy your setup in 50fow and let line out 20ft at a time pausing for a few mins in between until it begins bouncing on bottom. Then do the same in 100fow. That will give you a good starting point. That being said, direction, current, wind speed can all play a huge roll in shifting your depths even though you have the same amount of line out. Carl hit the nail on the head, try different depths until one works, which is much easier if you run multiple dipseys. Some days its been slow and just letting a dipsey out another 10-20 ft made the fish start biting.

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Don't know if you're still looking but Gander Mountain in Washington PA has 5 copies of the Precision Trolling Big Water Edition for 19.99 on clearance. The book has the dive charts you're looking for.

724-229-9800 is the number of the store. Was there Sunday and saw the books. Maybe they'd ship for a small fee.

Jeff

Jeff,

I called Gander mtn. this morning and they said they don't do orders over the phone! You have to have a gift card from the store. Unbelieveable. Thanks for the info though. Hard to believe I have been looking for one of those books for 2 months and they won't sell it to me.

Dennis

It's an hour drive for me or I'd go get you a copy, already have the book myself. Can't believe they wouldn't offer to ship it to a store closer to you.

With the info from this thread you should be dialed in without the book or at least close. 3 to 1 is quick, easy and will put you into fish.

• 2 months later...