Dipsy Divers Under Big Boards

Inline Church tx 44 are supposed to be able too. I have a set haven't used them yet. But the walleye boards pull 6 color no problem. Youtube it. They pull a diver and a 300 copper with a 12oz oz divebomb

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Don't think it will work to much pull just my opinion

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I do it a lot. When the cohos are in the "diver mood" you can really run up the score by putting divers on your boards. I have plain home made boards and, although the divers pull hard, I've never had a problem with the boards or the releases.

I got to test out my new homeade boards and homeade mast on Saturday. We ran size 82 walker divers with and without wire off of the boards using downrigger clips. I could barely notice any add'l drag on the boards. It took the straightness out of a short section of the tow line, but thats it. I would presume I could have run my 001 dipsys out on the end with the Walkers half way out...

I was just happy everything worked well. Managed six 6-10# browns and a king.

I see Walker has releases with double pads. Anyone ever use these? Looks like you could possibly run a flat line or a shallow dipsy under a deep dipsy using those clips. Link: http://www.walkerdownriggers.com/accessories.html

• 2 weeks later...
I would presume I could have run my 001 dipsys out on the end with the Walkers half way out...

Be careful, most often with planer boards you want to run the deepest diving/running set up closest to the boat. I think the #1 dipsy will run alot deeper than a walker 82 (don't have my dive charts at work.... anyone have access?)

Anyway with that said you could end up with a mess from a fish crossing inside lines that are higher, you would need to wait for the outside line to rise up a little after releasing before you drag it across higher lines.

Nice info though I am always looking for more ways to run extra lines.

The downrigger releases you are using are the simple pinch pad style?

Are you running wire divers or braid?

Thanks

j

Yeah after second thought, i would go deepest at the boat and shallower as i work out. We used cannon medium tension pinch releases. They are likely too strong to release for a 3# brown though... An 001 dipsy will run much deeper than an 82 walker.

KISS.........keep it simple stupid............

DONT take it to heart please....Yes over the years ive tried to invent test and make a better wheel many things do work and with enuf time and effort you can stick anything out there....

More inportant IMHO is learn to target the specific type of fish yer after..

I ant braggin and definatly dont know what type of bite you had sat..or how many rods you could run..IE: if I was after browns in 0 to 40 fow,i would run 2 big boards with 4 flatlines running keels to vary depth then use the 3 riggers to put my bait in the "Hot " zone thats 11 lines run clean setup easy no issues with turns ar moderate waves and wind ...that should give you a 15 to 30 fish day with never retriving boards (except to get some releases back i only have about 25 on my boat)...tho it is fun sometimes to try something different,me I like to kick back , turn on a nice radio sta. and reel in some fish.....

But as i said their might be a better wheel out there....

Good luck

Ray K.