what order to deploy spread

Here is my setup. 4 riggers (2 corners, 2 outdowns), 2 dipsies (one per side), and 2 coppers (450. 600). I will usually drop probe rigger first and then outdown rigger next. AFter that I will let the dipsie out and slow "click" away on drag and work on the other side of the boat with both riggers and that dipsie. I have been deploying my copper last, and it is a real Pain In Tha A$$ to attach the copper to the big boards over 2 riggers and a dipsie. My question is do you guys let out your copper first to avoid all the troubles?

One thing you can do is come off of plane and stay about 5mph to deploy your coppers. Going that fast will get them out fast. When they are out drop your boards in let them out and clip on your copper. After those are set you can deploy the rest of your spread. Don't drop your boards in doing 5mph!

One thing you can do is come off of plane and stay about 5mph to deploy your coppers. Going that fast will get them out fast. When they are out drop your boards in let them out and clip on your copper. After those are set you can deploy the rest of your spread. Don't drop your boards in doing 5mph!

;)We do that when fishing tournaments !

Everyday charters, the coppers go out last. What's the hurry? :)

When setting them last is there a easier way to attach the lines to.the boards without crossing over the riggers and the dipsies?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

When setting them last is there a easier way to attach the lines to.the boards without crossing over the riggers and the dipsies?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

No. Let the copper out and put it in a rod holder to settle. If you deploy the copper and send it right out to the board, you may tangle divers. When you deploy the copper, it will sink farther that it is supposed to if you do not deploy it slow. I set mine first like Yankee troller does. Keep the boat cruising and let them out. If you clip the release and copper to the board and let it out with the board, the release goes out easier too.

• 2 weeks later...