Fishing Report

LongLine

Met my brother at the launch at 5:30 & headed out before the sun came up.

LOC5-5-12A.jpg

I was a little worried about the weather as the north wind was blowing waves right up the river but after we cleared the channel, it wasn’t bad. Maybe 2 ft’rs with an occasional 3 ft swell. Worked west, back then out. Started out with scattered clouds, then went clear & bright, then overcast, clear and back to cloudy again within 6 hrs….strange weather pattern. Quite nippy in the wind, especially if you got wet. Winds died a little as the day progressed. River temp low 60â€s, surface while trolling in the 45-47F range.

Had a board & wire diver out but only the rigg’rs worked today. Started out with this laker;

LOC5-5-12B.jpg

Then I let Bro' catch this one:

LOC5-5-12C.jpg

Then another king (13#)

LOC5-5-12D.jpg

Not big enough to enter but nice fish none the less. (Both naturals) All on short leads, in the top 15-20 ft of water. DW Dolphin, R&R Bloody Blk/Slvr & my home made $19 Fly. (The one that cost me $19 in mylar, beads & tubing before I made a decent one)

Where were we? Well as I said in other post, deeper than most but shallower than others…this guy was among the latter… :o:o

LOC5-5-12E.jpg

No we didn't have to go that deep.. the scow was coming out the river. :D

Actually, the Laker came in approx 35 FOW between river & Russell, Kings came approx 70-80 FOW off the river.

Only 6 cars in the lot. Guess there was a little excitment there this morning and the police closed it for a while.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)