Hot Lure: NK NBK

Trolling Speed: 3.0 gps

Down Speed: 2.2-2.8

Boat Depth: all over

Lure Depth: all over

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I was joined by FISHINMAN Tom and friend Dave for the FX shakedown and although we didn't light it on fire, we managed a slooooowww pic of Ho's and a laker for Tom. We started in 55fow on a NW troll and picked up a 5-6 lb Coho right away on the 35 rigger. Picked up another Ho in aboutt 85fow and then it was a long time between fish. Dipseys were quiet all day except for a laker on a F/F out 75??? Go figure. The only glitch of the day was keeping Tom awake and at on point during a nap, the wire rod behind him starts thumpin we had to wake him up to get it out of the holder. His keen "Lakerman" senses knew immediately we had a laker on and surprisingly, and graciously, he handed the rod off to Dave who had never fought a fish on wire.

Tom_asleep_at_the_rod.jpg

The boat ran well and good day spent with good friends.

Shawn

Ok lets set the record straight about being who was "on point" and "asleep" while rods are firing :yes:

1st off one of us had worked 12 hrs the day before and got home at midnight the night before plus had to go straight to work after fishing, guess who? ME :clap:

Next lets talk about the lure selection and rod sets. Guess who put out the rod and set the depth of the 1st ho we caught? ME :clap:

Next who decided to put out a slider and picked the lure for the second ho? ME :clap:

Now lets see who picked out the lure for the only fish on the copper ? ME :clap:

Again who set the wire at 75ft (not 300 like who :wondering: ) and picked out the spin dr and fly ME :yes:

Now the to get the story straight about the wire :wait: I was not sleeping when the wire screamed......errrrr when it barely even moved I simply wasn't watching the rod with it being behind me ;) . Was nice of me to hand the rod off to the guy who drove most of the day and brought lunch, Dave especially after witnessing Shawn moving us out of the way to get to the that copper rod on Carl's boat last week. That rod went off and he ran back there like a thief running out of a convenience store :lol:

Now for the rest of the story: as far as the sleeping part goes here's a little something that somehow slipped the original author's "story" :wondering: sure I was dozing for a few minutes :yawn::sleepy::yes: having barley sat down after setting and resetting the rods constantly, retying frayed leaders and netting most of the fish, I opened my eyes for a second to find the real Lakerman (Shawn) (how many did you boat on Saturday with Jeremy?) trying to hide his phone after taking the picture, I see a rod bouncing behind him with our 7th fish while he's playing the part of the Asian tourist. So I guess even while dozing a bit the only the guy with his eyes closed can sense the rods popping while the Paparazzi guy Shawn is busy taking pictures. Makes me wonder just how many other fish we lost while I was asleep for a few minutes :wondering:

I don't want to take away anything from "Shawnpaparazzi" he did drive the boat a bit, set a rod here or there and managed to not get the copper out of the way fast enough so it got tangled in the copper while Dave was fighting a fish (probably looking to take another photo for his other job at The National Enquirer Magazine), hook the rigger or battery wires up backwards so that when you flipped the switch up the rigger went down and visa versa but to his credit he did get that fixed before we left the dock :clap: .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::P

:rofl: .... :rofl: ...but Tom,you wouldn't be so famous if not for the paparazzi.....and the world loves you now!..at least the LOU world....nearly up there with Ray in fame status! :yes:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hey you guys just gave me an idea, an alarm clock shaped like a level wind with a screaming drag...and screaming "FISH OOOooonnn!"....should be a hot seller on LOU. Test drive it on Tom....on second thought

He'd prolly half wake up out of a trolling dream, knock the other half out of bed grabbing for the rod,..get ahold of the bed post, holler "here you take the rod..I'm not fighting that slimy thing".....

"That Laker".........oops

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png