Labor day weekend Stoney area

1 SEP 07

Got out later in the morning and noticed it was 54 degrees at the dock 66 degrees in 60 FOW.

We fished 50-90 FOW, best results in 64 Feet just off the beach north of sandy pond.

It was a blue day for us, hammer flies (finally) with green and mountain dew e-chips down 45 and 55 feet and a blue splatter glow silver streak plug on a full core took the place of a silver bullet. Lost one on a dipsy green e-chip and green dolphin fly out 150 feet.

Anyhow, did 4 for 6, yes I lost two fish that could have been a limit for us, then we left. There are some nice Cohos out there too.

So the theme of the day....LONG LONG Leads, and lead core.

Time to get the core and yellow birds out and hit the beach!!!!!!!

3 SEP 07

We got out before it got bad today, strong SSW wind.

Lots of action and we wasted a lot of time on a king that would not come in!

First time this year we had 650 of line out!!!!!!!!!! Boy are my arms sore, this king would not give up even at the boat, took forever to get it in the last 50 feet.

WE were just south of Stony in 50-65 FOW. Marked a ton of fish, while everyone was hot on the mirage fly, we did well on green e chips on divers out 150feet with.....SIGGS Green Dolphin, fish would not touch it on SAT but today it took 2 and lost one. A hammer 55 feet on a down rigger down with a big paddle took the other while I was setting lines.

I will not mention a certain someone on the lake was as green as the fly we were using?????? He toughed it out though on the floor!!!

We came in early due to waves, big waves, and did 3 for 4. With no bags we went from 4 MPH to .5 MPH!!!!!!