Hot Lure: Silver/blue Loco, silver/blue Thunderstick jr

Trolling Speed: 3.0 GPS

Down Speed: 3.0 GPS

Boat Depth: 12-30

Lure Depth: planers

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got out after the sun was up, heading East out of the chute, and followed some advice I read here on LOU to throw a line out the back while putting out my spread... we didn't even get a board in the water and had a fish on - a teen-king on a Loco. Came unbuttoned while trying to net it (yes this was my shakedown, and I was rusty). Put it back out and got back to putting our spread in the water. Had another king on a couple minutes later (had one board and 2 lines set up), again, on the Loco. This one simply came off on its own about 20' from the boat. The Loco almost got me :( Finally got all the lines set and my son in law was up when the first release popped, he got a nice 11.5 lb king in 30 FOW on a blue/silver Thunderstick jr. Next up was my 12 lb brown, same bait, same depth. The rest were cookie-cutters we got on zig-zag from 12 to 35 FOW. Took one on black/silver Thunderstick jr, the rest on Loco or blue/silver T-stick jr. 6 for 9 was a great shakedown, and the kings in 30 FOW were a nice surprise.

Here are our two biggest fish of the day:

John_King_May6.jpg

Joe_Brown_May6.jpg

We went out last night but didnt get a thing. Beautiful night for a ride. they were at the 20ft range for sure but seemed a little too docile. Just for laughs and giggles we went out to 125 ft. lol....should have stayed in around the 20ft range.

Funny extra piece of info... We had 5 in the box and were in shallow in front of Blind Sodus, about ready to call it a day. I decided to go out deeper and work back toward the chute then pack up. I bumped the throttle up to 3.75 MPH to make my turn a little sharper, and wouldn't you know, the outside line on the outside board pops with the final cookie-cutter to fill our limit. That outside board must have been doing 4.5 -5 MPH!!!!!!! Weird how that happened. All hits the rest of the time we were out came right at 3 MPH. Nothing at all slower than 2.75, and that was the only time I bumped it up over 3.