Otisco Lake - Tiger Musky Opener

Had a chance to fish with Mike, Jenelle and Joe on Otisco on Saturday for the opener and had a great time (as I always do fishing with them). This was only my third time ever fishing the lake - fished it a couple times back with my father and brother when we were really young. We had a good day overall that started with a couple walleye first thing in the morning. Water was really clear and surface temps were around 50 degrees on the main body with the north and south ends being a few degrees warmer. The fished seemed to be keyed in the more natural patterns that day (whites, blacks, etc.). Best lures for us were the Lunge Lumbers, Sledges, Phantoms. Our tubes and bucktails got little attention that day for some reason (kinda surprised me a little). We landed 2 walleyes, 8 tigers and 6 bass for the day. The 8 tigers is a little mis-leading cause 3-4 or those were small stocklings. Had a bunch more follows on the day including one beast that Jenelle had follow her 9" sledge - would have loved to have got some hooks in that one. The lake seems to be in fantastic shape and should only get better IMHO.

4f0a3d53.jpg

b7c57e51.jpg

5018b867.jpg

f05ea77e.jpg

c5f3bb35.jpg

I'll be fishing Conesus next weekend - looking forward to that!

Cheers,

Chad