LEAD CORE REEL

I've got a 20 color laker jerkin setup going on a Shimano Tekota 800 and a 10 color walleye setup on a Diawa Sealine 47LCA with plenty of Fireline backing! The Tekota's are way, way better reels than the Sealine's which have a tendency to have the drag come spinning loose while you're fighting a fish. The Tekota's have a nice micro click drag with the all aluminum frame and are well worth the extra $$$$$! I'm also running a 3 color inline walleye board setup on a Sealine 27LCA!

I'm running a Penn GTI330 for core. Doesn't take too long

for the customers to figure which rod not to grab! Ratio is pretty

bad. Had a problem with a washer coming off at inopportune times

that holds the line guide/spindle. Quick call to Penn solved that.

Got mine on ebay.....

I wouldnt say Im using the "right" rod, but at the moment I am using a 10" Dipsey rod. I just figured that with the extra length I could pull in more line per pump. I see the leadcore rods for sale are much shorter that 10'. It will be interesting to see whats said about this topic.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on your post but I need a recommendation for a leadcore rod also. I see there are "lead core" rods out there but what should I be looking for?

Thanks. DAN

I really like the Cabela's Depthmaster leadcore rod which has bigger guides and the other trolling rods I tried this year that are really awesome are the Shimano Talora's and they make a leadcore model also. I'm really impressed by the Talora's paired with the Tekota's. What a great combo for trolling 8)

• 2 weeks later...

We have some shimano speed masters that are not level wind. Super fast 6 - 1 ratio and all you have to do is thumb the line over once in a while. Very nice reels for about $100.00 from tackle direct. When you want to bring in 10 colors or more these are the way to go.