Pike fishing from shore

Does anyone know a few good places to cast for Lake Ontario Pike? I don't have a boat yet, and actually enjoy fishing from shore or dock. I've lucked into a couple over the years at the Port Ontario estuary, but it doesn't seem to be a great spot for Northern. I did have one fly through the water like a jet and attack my #5 Mepps about 15 feet off shore. Turned out to be an aggressive 30 incher. The only other spot that I have hit any without a boat has been the Owasco Lake pier. Ideas anyone? I'm thinking about Port Bay West. Will travel the lakefront between Rochester and A Bay. Raised on pike fishing!

Nick

1 year of LOU and only 2 posts? U must be very busy or really good at pike fishing! :) Try, now, this time of year, from shore at Sodus Bay; particularly right around the entrance of 3-mile creek. If you look at "google maps", see the the south side point just to the right of "sawmill bay". This is from Shaker Tract Rd., which will give you a nice length of shore access to work with your favorite presentation. The little blue creek there is 3-mile creek. U can also try from any of the other publicly accessible docks around the bay; good luck keeping the largemouths off before the pike!! I have had good luck at said 3-mile for pike, though, including ice fishing. Do some more research on the Lake O bays. They all have pike. I believe there is more than 1 place to rent a boat or canoe at Sodus to really open things up for a day... Good luck and lets hear some results: and go NOW! ;)

Panfisher, thanks. I have heard of Sodus, but never been. As for the posts, I haven't been on LOU much since I signed up. My other gig is Salmon fishing from shore around Port Ontario and Pulaski. I would usually just take the ride, and sometimes check reports from Douglaston, etc. I will be focusing on the pike for now, and I believe Sodus will be my first journey. I sometimes rent boats and canoes. Hopefully there's a place to get minnows in the morning. I like to drop one line and cast another. I hear ya about the bass. I don't mind a large one, but I sometimes get smallies barely bigger than the pike lure. I know the pike season just opened, but I'm wondering if there's enough cover and weeds grown in for them to ambush from? Worth giving it a go anyway. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can find the time to go soon, and be able to post some results!

Theirs 2 bait shops at the sodus bay bridge on ridge rd. The bay bridge sport shop rents small boats. Davenports has better bait IMO. If you can get a canoe the channels near the park at east bay can be good. That's where my buddies that live in that area fish for pike. The bridge near Leroy island is a good spot too.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Theirs 2 bait shops at the sodus bay bridge on ridge rd. The bay bridge sport shop rents small boats. Davenports has better bait IMO. If you can get a canoe the channels near the park at east bay can be good. That's where my buddies that live in that area fish for pike. Leroy island is a good spot too.