Hot Lure: Worms

Trolling Speed: tidal drift

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Just had 3 nice days of Striper fishing on the Hudson. So relaxing, drift fishing calm water and trying to be quick on the draw to set hooks on the nibblers, then get some drag ripped from ocean run fish. Had a blast. Here are a few pics to share. Special thanks to Ray K. for introducing Steve and I to this fishery last year and thanks Steve for setting this trip up for us.

stripers12_001a.jpg

THE SPREAD

stripers12_006a.jpg

stripers12_007a.jpg

stripers12_009a.jpg

stripers12_011a.jpg

stripers12_012a.jpg

stripers12_025a.jpg

stripers12_035a.jpg

Yup were home!!! :(

we boated 25 or a tad better lost (to slow) almost as many with only a few over 12lbs

It was windy this am ,setteled down by 9 am and got real snotty with outgoing with south wind around 330 and were at dock before 430...20mph sustained wind with 100% chance of rain..wasnt gonna make for a fun daytomorrow,or a restfull sleepover tonight even tho I sealed every leakabout 5 years too late,,,,last week. Did take a new guy and he enjoyed many "fights"..Glade you guys did well maybe we will lick our wounds for a couple weeks and do a return trip....iF i HAD 10.00 EACH weather prediction "Guess" Change in the last 4 days I would of had money left over AFTER PAYING FOR GAS AND BAIT :devil:

Thanks for the "return tips" they saved some valuable fishing time on such a short trip..

Ray K.

I love living 5 minutes away from the River in Kingston!!! But I would rather live 5 minutes away from the Big Lake lol.

I live in Corning, which at first look seems like it is in the middle of nowhere. Every October after driving north 1.5hr + to get stream run fish my friends and I say the same thing. I do wish Saugherties was closer than 3.5hrs.

Heading to Saugherties on Monday to fish with Hudson River Charters. Captain George is a pleasure to be around. My avatar is from last year's trip. Hard to make out but the background there is a log floating in the river. The river was so blown out that there were docks floating down stream. We pinned bait on the bottom because of the immense stain, but this year with the lower water (feeder streams) we are gonna float fish them. I can not describe to you how I feel about this trip. Last year was a bucket list item and now I am just plain hooked on it. If you have never tried it, it is worth the trip. For you trollers, there are other captains who troll.

I describe stripers as a large mouth on steroids. The fight is a lot like the way the steelhead runs you out in the streams. They can have multiple runs too. It is a good time. :clap:

tight lines everybody!

Are the fish past Newburgh already? I live about a half hour away and am gona make a run on Sun. and Mon. 5-13,14. This has been an awesome year for stripers in the lower hudson. We were fishing out of Liberty S.P. ad it was remarkable 2 weeks ago. Still a ton of fish around the coast on rivers. Ayway, Im gonna hit Newburgh on Sun. ad hope there are some still around. I never time it right up there for one reason or aother. They are there one day and gone the next, but the scenery is great and its nice to catch big fish in nice calm water for a change.

Great Report and now Im all pumped for the weekend. Great Pics too, Thanks for sharig :yes: Hope to have a similar report next week but something tells me they will way up orth by then.

I'd say you'll be there prime time. It was great for the next 2 weeks in Newburgh last year. They come in waves I am told and I'm sure there are many more waves to come. Bloods are $7/doz across the river at Vinnys.

Buck it was good talking to you out there! We'll be out of newburgh sat and sun again, big blue bayliner... Ruff Rider, it will be like wheres waldo with the other 150 boats!

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Nick, Thanks for sharing info as well! Sure hope you get into them. WX looks good. When Ray K. Called and told me to look for you I turned around and "Bamm" there was Waldo. Make sure you don't run over any of those inflatables down there.

Nick, Thanks for sharing info as well! Sure hope you get into them. WX looks good. When Ray K. Called and told me to look for you I turned around and "Bamm" there was Waldo. Make sure you don't run over any of those inflatables down there.

It's good to hear Nick has a radio where he can talk back at ya now...... :lol: ......Bucky remember that time up to Catfishcreek I told you I had a few guy from LOU to pass info back and forth ???? Then the one guy could hear us but never got back...... :P ......found out later on here his radio was wacking........that was Nick...........now he has a GOOD radio and post REEL time report from his cell phone......WTG NICK :yes::yes::beer:

Great pictures! looks like you guys had a great time! I would love to try fishing for stripers sometime, can you tell me where would be a good place to launch in the Hudson?

Thanks!