How long will it last?????

OK, now that we've all read the reports and experienced the knockout spring we are having...

How long will the madness persist?

Will there be a "June transitioin"?

Will it be even better once we have a "hard" stratification?

It can't possibly be this good all year...can it?

People know I love to fish so I have been getting sound advice all spring on where the fish are biting. I give them sound advice right back. The fishing is good everywhere. enough said.

IMO

Excellent Fishing started accelerating in August, slowed a little in January and took right off again in February.

Good year to take somebody who doesn't fish a lot out to enjoy the sport. I do not think it will slow down again until July, and by slow, I mean it will still be good.

bandrus, you need to get out of stream mode dude, this isn't Salmon Crazy.

East end guys have waited yrs for this. Drove over 1000's of brown trout to look for kings. One post on the internet and the whole northeast is in oswego Mexico area

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Very selfish attitude guys. Many people have worked very hard to make this great fishing happen.

no doubt but that doesnt have anything to do with it getting spread about like wild fire

I agree with troubles. Its kind of rude to flame the OP.

Who exactly are you guys wanting to keep in the dark?

You are proposing we try to make good fishing on LO a secret?

If you don't believe in sharing fishing info, why are you a member of this forum?

Oh, to get info and tips? hmmm

No offense but your home port is olcott. You have this every yr. East end fisherman don't. We actually have to know how to fish to catch them

No offense but your home port is olcott. You have this every yr. East end fisherman don't. We actually have to know how to fish to catch them

Tim's one of those guys that have worked hard dude.

Anyway... they are my fish. You can't have them. Shh.

:lol:

Very selfish attitude guys. Many people have worked very hard to make this great fishing happen.

no doubt but that doesnt have anything to do with it getting spread about like wild fire

I agree with troubles. Its kind of rude to flame the OP.

Who exactly are you guys wanting to keep in the dark?

You are proposing we try to make good fishing on LO a secret?

If you don't believe in sharing fishing info, why are you a member of this forum?

Oh, to get info and tips? hmmm

I think most people give and take on here as far as advise but the boat traffic at oswego was nuts this weekend.... no doubt posting results online has an impact on that..... lake O is a great fishery, but increasing traffic does negatively impact results

On the other hand I am friends with a charter captain and the more publicity on results the better for them so...

I know he does. But since you didn't read. Home port olcott( its always like this in the spring out there. But oswego its not) . Your right nobody on the east end works for fish. Come dude. Ive read your posts. This is what your third year fishing lake Ontario. Let us east end guys have our glory. Pa ct vt mass boats all over Mexico Sunday fishing king water. Last yr if you saw a boat out past 30fow in may you thought they were lost

I'm sure your local bait shops, hotels, restaurants, etc. are loving the traffic. It only benefits the fishery as a whole by driving more traffic there and generating income for your area. I'm loving the traffic I see at Olcott this Spring. Our area needs it badly. Does it affect the fishing? Maybe, but there are enough fish in Lake Ontario for everyone to have a chance to enjoy. No need to be selfish. It's not like your fishing in small secret pond that gets fished out easily.

That is quite possibly, the stupidest statement I've ever seen on this site. Ignorance, with just a touch of arrogance, nice combination. Well done sir, well done :*

Way to go Matt. I'm from the east end and I've been in Niagara and Orleans County thru June with my boat for the past 10 years. Glad everyone shares down west.You know Chad started this site for all of us.Only crowded in Oswego because small boats gather like flea's around the charter boats.That doesn't happen down west.

That is quite possibly, the stupidest statement I've ever seen on this site. Ignorance, with just a touch of arrogance, nice combination. Well done sir, well done :*

I laughed :lol:

Wow, not the kind of stuff I expect to see on a site like this. All the guys in those boats are pumping money into the East End economy. They are paying money for lisences that put the very fish we catch in the lake. I guess this all comes down to what a guy's real interests are. Your own cooler or the fishery? I guess we could keep the good fishing secret but then who's going to by the licenses and lodging and food and gas that keep the fishery strong and the economy of the local area going? Then, these same guys would be complaining that not enough fish are being stocked. And yes, I'm and East End Fisherman. And if not for a family illness, I'd be one of those boats out there in your way.

Wow, not the kind of stuff I expect to see on a site like this. All the guys in those boats are pumping money into the East End economy. They are paying money for lisences that put the very fish we catch in the lake. I guess this all comes down to what a guy's real interests are. Your own cooler or the fishery? I guess we could keep the good fishing secret but then who's going to by the licenses and lodging and food and gas that keep the fishery strong and the economy of the local area going? Then, these same guys would be complaining that not enough fish are being stocked. And yes, I'm and East End Fisherman. And if not for a family illness, I'd be one of those boats out there in your way.

I wish I could communicate that well. :yes: well said.

There was no arrogance. Nor did I say you weren't a good fisherman( cause your much more experienced than me) Just simply stating that you guys out west have a better fishery. I respect your knowledge and your input. We never get kings in may like this. Internet has ruined the whole aspect of fishing. Why try to locate and try new tactics when you can just lurk on the net and ride coat tails. Hence I said no offense