How long will it last?????

Is this site going to consider a "Don't name location " policy like the steam site? I thought we wanted more guys going & having succes.

And T Bro, the fishin is a whole lot easier on the west end of the lake this time of year & always has been & always will. Location is the first key to success in the fishing formula.

I have come full circle in my years & tell anyone anything & am happy for their success.

Funny, but I don't remember seeing a whole lot of posts of Niagara bar fishing this year so far. Up until this past weekend I thought it was kind of quiet from there unlike previous years....(Wilson west) I felt there were just as good of reports from Irodequoit, Sandy, and Point Breeze but there is no huge amount of boats around these ports. It's no secret that the salmon migrate from western basin towards the east when the bait moves. I feel the only real influx of boats fishing that area during the spring LOC is normal. It just so happens that the migration was earlier this year due to lack of ice on Erie and the warm weather we had during the month of March. This site has been here every year in the past with reports from the Wilson west to the bar and if anyone has paid any attention to the habits of the migration, they have come to learn that it may take a little time and money to travel to where the fish are. On the other end of the spectrum Oswego is more the mecca for Huge kings in the late summer, also because we know the migration habits. It's really not the internet ruining anything about the fishing in Lake O. Heck anyone could do that with the phone. Back in the Late 70's early 80's within 2 years after it was allowed the Salmon river was 3 deep bank to bank with fishermen snagging these fish. The internet had nothing to do with that, it was word of mouth, and it went all the way to Maine, Ohio, and Virginia.....OH and yes I believe it will last and be spread along the shore east as it is in usual fashion,... only more extreme in the quality quantity department. :yes:

Mark

Guys, this is what I preech about all the time. Its lake Ontario a put and take fishery to a point. There are countless miles of water with fish enough for everyone. This fishery is here for us and because of us with our tax dollies and pen projects etc. If you think keeping a lake with several hundred miles of circumstance a secret then for all whom make their living by fishing it will be broke and gone. Shes been here for a long time and will for the future. I choose to tell all and enjoy the fun. Remember you were once the guy that didn't know crape about this lake and you once looked fir the same info and advice. Do us all a favor, charters gas stations tackle shops coffee shops diners camp grounds and more please no more secrets!! Tight lines to all and life is toooo short enjoy the ride unroll there all gone.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

OK, now back to the original question, How Long Will It Last? I've been wondering the same thing. I've only been fishing Lake O. for 15 years and have never seen kings like this in April/May. It really has been truley unbelievable on the east end. Do you think there will be the June "transition" or will the salmon stick around all summer? I know, it depends on the bait fish, just can't imagine it staying this good that long. I'm interested in everyone's input

Guys, this is what I preech about all the time. Its lake Ontario a put and take fishery to a point. There are countless miles of water with fish enough for everyone. This fishery is here for us and because of us with our tax dollies and pen projects etc. If you think keeping a lake with several hundred miles of circumstance a secret then for all whom make their living by fishing it will be broke and gone. Shes been here for a long time and will for the future. I choose to tell all and enjoy the fun. Remember you were once the guy that didn't know crape about this lake and you once looked fir the same info and advice. Do us all a favor, charters gas stations tackle shops coffee shops diners camp grounds and more please no more secrets!! Tight lines to all and life is toooo short enjoy the ride unroll there all gone.

but as somebody who spends hundreds of hours on the water and thousands on electronics and have honed your craft you dont mind people just giving up all the information to people who dont do any homework or trial and error...

WOW, is all I have to say. Not everyone lives on the lake and is in the know and not everyone is an expert. If this info helps them catch fish then great. We want to promote fishing and new people to the fishery not deter them. I can't believe the mentality of some of you guys. I was out Friday and in the afternoon I didn't see one boat off the plant where I was. The morning wasn't very busy either and neither was Sat. morning. You guys that don't want the info out there need to find a new sport.

Total Chaos

WOW, is all I have to say. Not everyone lives on the lake and is in the know and not everyone is an expert. If this info helps them catch fish then great. We want to promote fishing and new people to the fishery not deter them. I can't believe the mentality of some of you guys. I was out Friday and in the afternoon I didn't see one boat off the plant where I was. The morning wasn't very busy either and neither was Sat. morning. You guys that don't want the info out there need to find a new sport.

Total Chaos

See I just have a different mentality. Sure if I have never been to an area before I will ask things like directions what the shore line is like things like that. I guess there is just a difference between fishing and catching to me.. you read some people in the report sections and they want precise locations, FOW, rigger depth, color spoon to run and so on

Total Chaos

See I just have a different mentality. Sure if I have never been to an area before I will ask things like directions what the shore line is like things like that. I guess there is just a difference between fishing and catching to me.. you read some people in the report sections and they want precise locations, FOW, rigger depth, color spoon to run and so on

And so what if they do, that's how beginners learn the ropes.

Nothing breeds continued interest like success and likewise, there is nothing more discouraging than going out not knowing what to do, struggling and pitching a skunk when everybody else is filling the boat.

Like I said, this isn't Salmon Crazy and we aren't fishing the tressle on that disgraceful circus freak that is the Salmon River. This is a very big lake and there's room enough for everyone to be successful.

Tim

I agree, some people push their luck but you seldom see them get that level of detail. I like the puzzle - but I've had a lot of help from the members of this site. I try not to sweat the small stuff.

Total Chaos

Nothing breeds continued interest like success and likewise, there is nothing more discouraging than going out not knowing what to do, struggling and pitching a skunk when everybody else is filling the boat.

Like I said, this isn't Salmon Crazy and we aren't fishing the tressle on that disgraceful circus freak that is the Salmon River. This is a very big lake and there's room enough for everyone to be successful.

Tim

try fishing the harbor in oswego with 45 other boats there and people putting their boards 150 feet... the mentality and attitudes are similar

Tim

try fishing the harbor in oswego with 45 other boats there and people putting their boards 150 feet... the mentality and attitudes are similar

Why would I want to do that when I already fish on the "good" end of the lake :P:lol::yes:

If I were in Oswego, I would be loving the publicity. I would be banging the beach for browns all alone! I understand this does not happen all the time on the East end but the publicity for the Lake and that area are nothing but good things. We all know the winner is going to come out of Niagara county. The chances of finding the pig in Lake O is a lot higher when you are fishing the BIGGEST concentration of salmon on the lake. Lake O can handle the pressure of the internet. Smaller bodies of water, not so much. As for a June lul, there has not been a june lul out of the port I fish for me in years. The offshore steelhead fishing and king fishing was great the past 5 years. If you were not catching kings, you were not trying hard enough or fishing deep enough.

OK, now back to the original question, How Long Will It Last? I've been wondering the same thing. I've only been fishing Lake O. for 15 years and have never seen kings like this in April/May. It really has been truley unbelievable on the east end. Do you think there will be the June "transition" or will the salmon stick around all summer? I know, it depends on the bait fish, just can't imagine it staying this good that long. I'm interested in everyone's input

Easy answer! A soon as the newly minted hole in my belly fuel tank is repaired (after pulling the engine, cutting the bulkhead and reversing the process) the Kings will sense this and swim for the North shore.

As my May 21-25 trip to Wilson is most likely kaput due to the fuel leak I will reasonably estimate that my tank will be repaired/replaced and reinstalled by June 20th.

So there you have it. June 20th. Then my salmon season will be screwed by lack of fish on the Southside rather than screwed by a boat that is trying to blow itself up.

Oh, did I mention the new engine and remote kicker that are waiting for break in due to the fuel issue? ARRRRGH!

June 20th.

Until then I remain quite available for anyone needing a skilled hand on a weekend trip.

So lets kill the Syracuse,Rochester,and Buffalo, Newspaper outdoor guys so they don't say anything about the great fishing.News travels fast and no one can stop it.

You don't have to worry about the Rochester paper. The outdoor section is almost non existent for fishing and hunting. It was decent with Floyd King and went downhill since. I'm going to cancel the paper :no:

When I fish, I ALWAYS post detailed reports, good OR bad to the point that I have been known to irritate some people with the level of detail I provide.

I would humbly suggest that you get over yourself, you're just making yourself look foolish.

First im arrogant , now im foolish? Like I said we have different opinions. You attacked me a not the other way around. I actually gave you a compliment. Good luck with your boat and your reports.